6GS Module - No Country for Old Men

Answers to questions on other rules.

6GS Module - No Country for Old Men

Postby al_infierno » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:10 am

Hi all, I've written up a single-player module for 6GS and I'm curious for some feedback. Here are some features and a synopsis:

The idea behind this module is to play a brutally difficult Six Gun Sound campaign where you are constantly on the run from hostile enemy groups on the Campaign Map. You live on a week-to-week basis, running from region to region and getting attacked by local gangs at almost every turn. In addition to tracking your own character's movement on the map, there are multiple hostile character parties that pursue you: Two groups of Pinkertons, and a psychopathic Assassin. They pursue you relentlessly across North America, clashing with each other if they cross paths. Your goal is simply to outrun them and survive as long as you can before you are ultimately killed, or hand over the satchel to avoid your fate.

This module is a relentless onslaught of desperate draw-downs and firefights. There isn’t an end-goal except to see how far you can make it, and how many highly-trained enemies you can take down with you. The film and novel No Country for Old Men serve as the primary inspiration for this module. If you have seen/read No Country, you know how things end for the protagonist.

This campaign requires 4 counters for tracking groups on the Travel Map: One for the Player group, one for the Assassin, and one for each Pinkerton group (maximum of two). (Alternatively, you can just keep notes on where each group is located, which is helpful if you need to flip around the manual.)

Features:

1. Travel map system with added mechanics for two types of hostile parties: a slow pursuer that chases you constantly, and faster groups of investigators that roam the map searching for you. If hostile parties cross paths, they fight each other.
    2. Reworked campaign sequence: Weekly turns where you are constantly on the run from enemy parties, and relentlessly under attack from local gangs.
    3. Cash system including buy/sell prices for guns, hiring/upkeep prices for party members, and buy-in/reward from Gambling.
    4. New weapons (dynamite and semi-auto pistol, as this takes place in 1909).
    5. Rules for dual-wielding handguns, including high-rep boss enemies who dual-wield.
    6. Optional rules for added difficulty.

Any feedback is more than welcome.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BP1 ... sp=sharing
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
al_infierno
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: 6GS Module - No Country for Old Men

Postby Tekawiz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:42 pm

Thanks for posting. It looks well thought out. I'll be giving it a try.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby BigWalleye » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:26 am

Sounds interesting. I'd like to try it. But Google sez the file has been deleted. What happened?
BigWalleye
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby al_infierno » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:25 am

Taking down the public link for now. If anyone is interested in trying it out, PM me. :)
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
al_infierno
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Everything Else