Six Gun Sound: Indians?

Answers to questions on other rules.

Six Gun Sound: Indians?

Postby Buck Clayton » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 am

The promo text mentions a lot of indians, but all the AARs seem to be cowboys drawing on cowboys.
Is this mostly a duelling set? Or can it cover skirmishs between bows, tomahawks, spears, etc? Can my braves attack a wagon train? Two rival hunting parties settle disputes over territory?
Scalpers vs. mountain men?

Curious as even with the weekend discount, a lot to pay for a new "draw" mechanism only.
-- Buck Clayton, Agent of S.A.G.E.
Buck Clayton
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Six Gun Sound: Indians?

Postby THW » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Buck Clayton wrote:The promo text mentions a lot of indians, but all the AARs seem to be cowboys drawing on cowboys.

Here goes.
Is this mostly a duelling set? Or can it cover skirmishs between bows, tomahawks, spears, etc? Can my braves attack a wagon train? Two rival hunting parties settle disputes over territory? Yep, covers Indian war parties as well. Rules for bows and tomahawks, etc. They have a specific scenario but they can be used. All Indians have a tomahawk or knife in addition to rifle or bow
Scalpers vs. mountain men? Yep.

Curious as even with the weekend discount, a lot to pay for a new "draw" mechanism only. Defintely not a draw down game as there are 14 different scenarios plus 4 different Encounters.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby al_infierno » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:37 pm

I would say the Draw mechanic is the biggest selling point of the game (and the most unique mechanic), but it also has cool character creation templates and campaign templates (& the campaign map) that are worth having. Also, the cheating mechanic for gambling (as well as Gambler npcs being able to cheat, and npcs catching you cheating leading to a Draw) is a cool mechanic.
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
al_infierno
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Buck Clayton » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 pm

I should have added in the original post that I have the 2002, 2007, and 2016 versions already, so am a fan.
I just wondered if the changes were substantive over, say, the 2016 version.
Maybe the war parties make it worth a 4th version.
Buck Clayton
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby Buck Clayton » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Okay, Ed talked me into it. I bought the latest 6GS.

I'm running a Gunslinger campaign, and to relax, designing a campaign table for Indians. Carousing won't be in town, of course, but rival bands do meet and party. Defend: The band may be attacked by Soldiers, a posse of Townfolk, or a gang of cowboys from a nearby Homestead. They might Raid a Homestead, attack a stage coach, raid cattle from a Cowboy herd, or try to clear an Outlaw gang from their hunting grounds. Confrontations could be any out-of-town encounter.

I'll mess about with it, see how it goes.

I also have a bunch of Mexican peasant figures left over from the Maximillian Adventure days. I'll mix them in, too.

Thanks Ed!
Buck Clayton
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Sounds like a scenario book!?
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Crinklechips » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:11 am

I'd like to see that campaign table when you finish it please. That's good work.

Also, yes I'd love an Indian scenario book Ed :)
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Everything Else