Who can equip flame throwers and molotovs in Nuts! 4E?

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

Who can equip flame throwers and molotovs in Nuts! 4E?

Postby JordyMcCroquette » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 am

I can't seem to find them in the weapon lists of the various armies, even though they are clearly explained and given stats on page 23...
JordyMcCroquette
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Who can equip flame throwers and molotovs in Nuts! 4E?

Postby THW » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm

JordyMcCroquette wrote:I can't seem to find them in the weapon lists of the various armies, even though they are clearly explained and given stats on page 23...

Here goes.
Page 71 under the Russian Reinforcements has the Engineer Squad with Flamethrowers. Here's more info on Engineers from Compendium.

ENGINEERS
Engineers (sometimes called Pioneers) are soldiers with special knowledge and training in construction, fortifications, field expedient defensive positions, and demolition. Pioneer units would typically be equipped with demolition charges, and could also be equipped with a flamethrower and anti-tank weapons. They were often combined with other troops into assault units to help take defensive positions. Equipped with a variety of special weapons and tools, Engineers were a welcome addition to combat units, whether in defensive or offensive operations. They are usually added at the company level.
1 ENGINEER SQUAD SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
(Reading the result as it appears)

# SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

1 1/2d6 4” x 4” Anti-personnel mine markers
2 1 x 4” x 4” Anti-tank mine marker
3 1/2d6 Demolition charges
4 1/2d6 Demolition charges
5 Flamethrower*
6 Flamethrower
*IF US, German or British unit count this as a Bazooka, Panzerschrek or PIAT with x1d6 rockets
When Engineers/Pioneers come under fire they will use the Engineer received Fire Test instead of the normal one found in NUTS

2 ENGINEER RECEIVED FIRE
(Taken versus Rep)
Star may choose his reaction
# D6 PASSED RESULT
2 • Chargers (re: Charge into Combat) will continue.
• “Working” will continue.
• Retrieving wounded will continue.
• Outgunned or unable to fire will Duck Back.
• Others finish move and fire.
1 • Chargers armed with ranged weapons will stop in place and fire instead while those not so armed will continue the charge.
• “Working” in cover will continue.
• Those in cover will return fire counting –1 to Rep.
• Others will Duck Back.
0 • Chargers will Duck Back.
• “Working” will Duck Back.
• Those in cover will Hunker Down.
• Retrieving wounded will go prone.
• Others will Runaway.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby General » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 pm

"I don't have to tell you the story. You all know it. Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna die. Now get off your butts. You guys are the Fighting 29th." -- Brigadier General Norman Cota
General
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby JordyMcCroquette » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 pm

THW wrote:
JordyMcCroquette wrote:I can't seem to find them in the weapon lists of the various armies, even though they are clearly explained and given stats on page 23...

Here goes.
Page 71 under the Russian Reinforcements has the Engineer Squad with Flamethrowers. Here's more info on Engineers from Compendium.

ENGINEERS
Engineers (sometimes called Pioneers) are soldiers with special knowledge and training in construction, fortifications, field expedient defensive positions, and demolition. Pioneer units would typically be equipped with demolition charges, and could also be equipped with a flamethrower and anti-tank weapons. They were often combined with other troops into assault units to help take defensive positions. Equipped with a variety of special weapons and tools, Engineers were a welcome addition to combat units, whether in defensive or offensive operations. They are usually added at the company level.
1 ENGINEER SQUAD SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
(Reading the result as it appears)

# SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

1 1/2d6 4” x 4” Anti-personnel mine markers
2 1 x 4” x 4” Anti-tank mine marker
3 1/2d6 Demolition charges
4 1/2d6 Demolition charges
5 Flamethrower*
6 Flamethrower
*IF US, German or British unit count this as a Bazooka, Panzerschrek or PIAT with x1d6 rockets
When Engineers/Pioneers come under fire they will use the Engineer received Fire Test instead of the normal one found in NUTS

2 ENGINEER RECEIVED FIRE
(Taken versus Rep)
Star may choose his reaction
# D6 PASSED RESULT
2 • Chargers (re: Charge into Combat) will continue.
• “Working” will continue.
• Outgunned or unable to fire will Duck Back.
• Others finish move and fire.
1 • Chargers armed with ranged weapons will stop in place and fire instead while those not so armed will continue the charge.
• “Working” in cover will continue.
• Those in cover will return fire counting –1 to Rep.
• Others will Duck Back.
0 • Chargers will Duck Back.
• “Working” will Duck Back.
• Those in cover will Hunker Down.
• Retrieving wounded will go prone.
• Others will Runaway.

Thank you!
JordyMcCroquette
Rep 3
Rep 3

Return to NUTS, FNG and More