Combining 5150 PI and No Limits

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Combining 5150 PI and No Limits

Postby BaldingNinja » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello,

I was thinking of starting a campaign in 5150 No Limits but using the 5150 PI investigation rules. I'm thinking the only real things I would change are:

Firstly I'm going to shoehorn the transit system in 5150 Urban Renewal into the six areas in 5150 No Limits. This will done by generalizing locations: Space Port, Lower Hope (lower the 4 income areas), Pub and Rec, Middleton (middle income areas), Downtown (City Hall and Financial District), and The Heights. I believe there were 12 areas in the original transit system.

I'll simply cut the fitness score and use Rep if needed.

The weapons table could also be further customized by simply adding a few weapons from 5150 PI, namely the BAP (1 or 2 shots), the BAMP (1 to 3 shots), and the MP would just be a 3 shot weapon. This will give 4 different weapons (including the single shot pistol) for variety.

As for the races, I'm not sure but I plan on just having everyone Basic in my campaign so I'm not going to worry about it for now...Maybe a chance of robots! The setting will actually be Tokyo in the near future (too much anime!).

Any advice or input would be appreciated. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible!
BaldingNinja
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Combining 5150 PI and No Limits

Postby Atomic Floozy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:40 pm

The other races are not hard to move over into No Limits. I used the Tip Tip Glom and Fezglok in The Cool Coolie. You have to cut back on the attributes & choose the best one attribute that describes the race. I also used a Scrunt from the original 5150 Book One.

I wish you the best on your campaign, 5150 New Hope City PI is one of my favorite 5150 books.
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby BaldingNinja » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Thanks! I'll have to think about adding some races in the future. Big fan of your blog!

I forgot about tweaking the base pay and transit encounters.

I was thinking about it and you get only the base pay if you're a cop and no bonuses from the circle who hired you. I see that as a balance as the cops will not check for warrants. If you're a PI, then you get the bonuses. Instead of cash, I'll just convert it to increasing rep D6.

Another change would be to the transit encounters. I figure rolling 1 during the daytime and 1 or 2 at nighttime will compensate for there being a smaller area map.
BaldingNinja
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Maj. Diz Aster » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 pm

I am using Future Tales' robot design tables, in conjunction with No Limits, to provide for the creation of robots in my NL games. I also use the rules for creating alien races, also listed in Future Tales, with minor tweaks.
Maj. Diz Aster

Tales of The Scandalous Wench
https://scandalous-wench.blogspot.com/

Ex Spatio, En Victoria!
https://ex-spatio-en-victoria.blogspot.com/
Maj. Diz Aster
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby BaldingNinja » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:24 pm

I do own Future Tales so will have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion!
BaldingNinja
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:15 am

Instead of cash, I'll just convert it to increasing rep D6.

That's what I'd suggest.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to 5150 Universe