The forum for announcements from Ed and the THW Authors

Santa Fe Shootout - Six Gun Sound Devil's Elbow

Postby THW » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 pm

THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Santa Fe Shootout - Six Gun Sound Devil's Elbow

Postby Redmao » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:40 pm

The new draw mechanic could also be cool for dueling samurai or musketeers...
Redmao
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby EasyEight » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi Ed,
Not sure I'm following The Draw example, can you clarify?

After the 3d6 are rolled, set the highest passing d6 aside. This is important. Now roll for damage.
"6" = Obviously Dead.
Rep or higher but not a "6" = Out of the Fight
Lower than Rep = Reduce Character's Rep by highest passing d6 scored by the shooter and take the Carry On Test if new Rep is 1 or higher.

The Sheriff won the draw and fires. By passing 3d6 on the Draw he scores two hits. Pass 1d6 and he scores 1 hit. Pass 0d6, he misses and the other guy fires - based on his Draw roll.
Charlie goes Out of the Fight, both sides now go to the Action Table, the Lawmen fire first.

Let me see if I understand:

1. Each figure rolled 3d6 vs REP, looking to roll at or under REP (looking for Passed d6)
2. Then you add the total of the Passed d6 and the figure that scored highest wins The Draw.
3. "By Passing 3d6 on the Draw he scores two hits." Is that a table result? If so, then Pass 1d6 = 1 hit, etc.?
4. How did Charlie go Out of the Fight?Do the hits correspond to the Passed d6 from The Draw roll? Since The Sherrif won, scoring 2, 2, 1, do the two "2s" rolled equal his damage rolls? Or do you roll a new d6 for each hit scored on The Draw roll?

Cheers!
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby THW » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:37 pm

EasyEight wrote:Hi Ed,
Not sure I'm following The Draw example, can you clarify?

Here goes.

After the 3d6 are rolled, set the highest passing d6 aside. This is important. Now roll for damage.
"6" = Obviously Dead.
Rep or higher but not a "6" = Out of the Fight
Lower than Rep = Reduce Character's Rep by highest passing d6 scored by the shooter and take the Carry On Test if new Rep is 1 or higher.

The Sheriff won the draw and fires. By passing 3d6 on the Draw he scores two hits. Pass 1d6 and he scores 1 hit. Pass 0d6, he misses and the other guy fires - based on his Draw roll.
Charlie goes Out of the Fight, both sides now go to the Action Table, the Lawmen fire first.

Let me see if I understand:

1. Each figure rolled 3d6 vs REP, looking to roll at or under REP (looking for Passed d6) Correct, after passing a Will They Draw Test.
2. Then you add the total of the Passed d6 and the figure that scored highest wins The Draw.Correct. Equal totals fire simultaneously.
3. "By Passing 3d6 on the Draw he scores two hits." Is that a table result? If so, then Pass 1d6 = 1 hit, etc.? Corret, pass 3d6 two hits, pass 2d6 1 hit, pass 1d6 or 0d6 - Miss and the opponent resolves his fire if he hasn't already, in order of the passed d6 total..
4. How did Charlie go Out of the Fight?Do the hits correspond to the Passed d6 from The Draw roll? Since The Sherrif won, scoring 2, 2, 1, do the two "2s" rolled equal his damage rolls? Or do you roll a new d6 for each hit scored on The Draw roll? 1d6 for each hit off of the Draw Table, could be 2 or 1. If score a result less than Rep of the target, the highest passing d6 from the Draw roll hits the target and reduces his Rep. So if I passed 2d6 on the Draw table and scores a hit.
Cheers!
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby EasyEight » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:21 pm

If score a result less than Rep of the target, the highest passing d6 from the Draw roll hits the target and reduces his Rep. So if I passed 2d6 on the Draw table and scores a hit.

Does that include the dice rolls for both sides? In your example, Sheriff rolled 1,2, 2 and Charlie rolled a 4. Does that mean that Charlie's "4" is the highest passing d6 roll, and we use that for damage? That takes his Rep from 4 to 0, making him OOF?
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby THW » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 pm

EasyEight wrote:
If score a result less than Rep of the target, the highest passing d6 from the Draw roll hits the target and reduces his Rep. So if I passed 2d6 on the Draw table and scores a hit.

Does that include the dice rolls for both sides? In your example, Sheriff rolled 1,2, 2 and Charlie rolled a 4. Does that mean that Charlie's "4" is the highest passing d6 roll, and we use that for damage? That takes his Rep from 4 to 0, making him OOF?
The highest passing d6 score is used for damage on the target. So if the Sheriff would have passed 1d6 and missed, Charlie would give the Sheriff either OD, OOF or -4 to Rep.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Announcements