Is blogspot the best platform for blogging about wargaming?

Anything non-ruleset related. Modelling, Terrain, Miniatures, Dice... If it's to do with gaming but isn't a ruleset then put it here.

Is blogspot the best platform for blogging about wargaming?

Postby Pzrjager » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:05 pm

I'm relatively new to this hobby and really enjoy it. I'd like to blog about the hobby and maybe some AARs, sharing my fun with THW games to other in the process.

I noticed a lot of people here use blogspot. Is the best platform for blogging in our niche? I also have some web development skills and could make my own website.
Pzrjager
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Is blogspot the best platform for blogging about wargami

Postby CthulhuKid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:25 pm

I use wordpress and havn't had any real problem with them. I'm sure most of the free blogging systems are pretty similar. It's when you start shelling out money the differences become apparent.
CthulhuKid
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Atomic Floozy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:12 pm

I also use Wordpress. I tend to change the layout of my blog once a year or so & Wordpress seemed to have more layout themes. Both are relatively easy to use. Plus at the time I started, you could use Wordpress for free & not have ads appear on your page. Don't know if that has changed over the years.

I think as a general rule of thumb, those who like to spend time tinkering with their blog tend to use Wordpress & those that just want to post pictures and reports and then get back to gaming use Blogger. But there's no hard numbers behind that assumption.

I can only say is try them & use the one you like.
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby TXWargamer » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Pzrjager wrote:I'm relatively new to this hobby and really enjoy it. I'd like to blog about the hobby and maybe some AARs, sharing my fun with THW games to other in the process.

I noticed a lot of people here use blogspot. Is the best platform for blogging in our niche? I also have some web development skills and could make my own website.

I love blogspot. Free and easy. If you have an iPad there is even an app to do everything in. Checkout my link for stuff I’ve done as an example. I moved from Wordpress to blogger.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Return to The Hobby