NUTS! Movement

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

NUTS! Movement

Postby mrdead_x » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Hello, first time poster here.

I’ve been reading the rules for NUTS! and I’m looking forward to my first game. I noticed that some of your other titles you use battle boards and move one board at a time during your activation rather than measure, have I got that right? Would this work with nuts and if so, how does the fast move action work on the boards?

Thank you in advance!
mrdead_x
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: NUTS! Movement

Postby CthulhuKid » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Welcome!

I just flipped open Larger than Life 2nd ed which I know has sectional movement, and it doesn't have Fast Move in it at all...

How it handles it, you can move around your own unoccupied section all you want. You can move into an occupied section up to 4" then you have to stop. When you're in an occupied section, you can only move 8" on a turn. I could see just adding normal fast move and being able to move 16" in an occupied section (or out of an occupied section), or you could use it to move 8" into an occupied section (or maybe 6" so you don't get the COMPLETE drop on the enemy).

I dunno. Give it a try and let us know!
CthulhuKid
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby mrdead_x » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Thank you so much, that is great! I will give that a go.
mrdead_x
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby shon maxx » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:39 pm

I also used the LTL/FT rules for my Star Wars games. The differences were that on a Fast Move, you’d move 2 sections per turn.

Weapon ranges were Short (same section only), Medium (same and adjacent sections), and Long (no limits).
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby mrdead_x » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Excuse my ignorance but what is Larger Than Life?

The movement and ranges sound great the way you’ve explained
mrdead_x
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Larger Than Life - Pulps. Here's the original, still very good and great for storytelling as well. http://twohourwargames.com/copuandmo.html

The last version was old to Rebel Minis and that's here. http://www.rebelminis.com/lathlidicut.html

Yep, NUTS board movement is coming, Right now you can just move from 1 foot table section to 1 foot table section. As for Fast Move, they had it pretty much right, pass 2d6 and move the extra section, but pass 1d6 and can't.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby mrdead_x » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:22 am

Fantastic! Thanks Ed!
mrdead_x
Rep 3
Rep 3

Return to NUTS, FNG and More