Chain Reaction 2018 - Must Have!

ATZ, horror and Post Apoc

Re: Chain Reaction 2018 - Must Have!

Postby Tekawiz » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:29 am

Whiteface wrote:I've never been much of a fan of Battle Boards (except Dungeon Crawl), but CR2018 changes everything. It's such a clear and beautiful set of rules.

Now I am already thinking about converting Long Rifle for CR2018. I'd probably miss the scenery of a "real" gaming table, but the number of actually played games would increase...a lot. It's not just a matter of quantity, I think the quality (i.e. fun) of each individual game will increase too.

I love these rules!

Whiteface / Oliver

I agree. I've been able to playing a lot of Talomir Tales with the Battle Boards. One reason is that the Battle Boards don't take up much space. I can play the game on my work desk whenever I have some free time.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:55 pm

That's what I had been doing for the past few years. I'd set up the table, move them into contact and fight in a small space. So finally I thought, lets' see if anyone will like it. Can and still do terrain tables occasionally, especially at conventions, but this works well.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby CthulhuKid » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:09 pm

You might have to change the company name to "30 minute wargames!"

As much as I love pushing around minis in expansive terrain....when you boil it down, it is two groups in cover shooting at each other...with maybe another one trying to flank. This brings it all to the brass tacks and keeps things flowing.

Now to get my Nuts! games into this realm...I've never been able to keep one going too long because of the set up time.
CthulhuKid
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby EasyEight » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:56 pm

CthulhuKid wrote:Now to get my Nuts! games into this realm...I've never been able to keep one going too long because of the set up time.

So...Ed...got any WW2 battleboards in the works? :D
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby THW » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:01 pm

EasyEight wrote:
CthulhuKid wrote:Now to get my Nuts! games into this realm...I've never been able to keep one going too long because of the set up time.

Yep and a board game as well.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby kgstanley81 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:17 pm

I saw 2 things, 1st on page 9 in the stop box, there should be a space between star and or, right now it's staror in the first sentence. 2nd is page 14 will to fight test I don't see anything for military passing 1d6. Otherwise great job, and already played a few games and used military as mercenaries and police.
kgstanley81
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:19 pm

kgstanley81 wrote:I saw 2 things, 1st on page 9 in the stop box, there should be a space between star and or, right now it's staror in the first sentence. 2nd is page 14 will to fight test I don't see anything for military passing 1d6. Otherwise great job, and already played a few games and used military as mercenaries and police.
Nice catch.
staror = fixed.
Will to Fight = now says Military or Mercenaries = One figure leaves battle board.
Corrected doc uploaded to the THW site.
Thanks!

Ed
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby CthulhuKid » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:09 pm

THW wrote:
EasyEight wrote:

Yep and a board game as well.

Awesome!

I was actually creating something I was calling "Nuts! Vignettes!" which would focus on the quick battleboard bits of this system and the cinematic style of some bits of Nuts!. It would be like in war movies where you would just go from scene to scene: What's the main problem the squad is facing right now: Machine Gun nest - Sniper - Tank - Building clearing - etc. This would be set up on the battleboard with its own small set of rules. You'd have options for "tactics" like sending some of your squad around to flank to get grenade attacks in a few turns, but, of course, that meant you'd be short quite a few rifles when the firing starts. All of the die rolling would be mainly to see how many NPCs you would lose before you dealt with the main enemy in the scene which you, as the hero, would make the call to take out. Then it would be a standard fire - react - etc until either your flank attacks, or you manage to wittle them down to nothing. Of course, surprises like Stukka strikes and their own flank attacks could happen on rolls of doubles and the like. Once you've done the requisite 3 PEFs, the mission was won.

That's the rough idea, anyway. Glad to see you've probably got something better on the burner!
CthulhuKid
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Whiteface » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:47 am

Will there be an update for 6GS? The new rules would be perfect for the old west.

Whiteface / Oliver
Whiteface
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Whiteface wrote:Will there be an update for 6GS? The new rules would be perfect for the old west.

Whiteface / Oliver

Yes there will be. Mike at Rebel Minis and I have a deal where I can update stuff and sell it for a short period of time. Just trying to catch up on all the stuff I have.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Zombie and More