Do I really need 4th ed of Nuts?

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

Do I really need 4th ed of Nuts?

Postby Atomic Floozy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 pm

As some of you know, I'm about to dip my toes into the Spanish Civil War using Nuts! I have the Final Edition of the rules, Stalingrad, Clash of Titans and the Compendium from which to draw all of the early war equipment used in the Spanish Civil War.

I will be posting AARs on my blog. So that has gotten me wondering whether or not it will be more helpful if I use the 4th edition of the rules or will AARs using the Final Edition be useful to 4th edition players?
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Re: Do I really need 4th ed of Nuts?

Postby EasyEight » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:51 am

Atomic Floozy wrote:As some of you know, I'm about to dip my toes into the Spanish Civil War using Nuts! I have the Final Edition of the rules, Stalingrad, Clash of Titans and the Compendium from which to draw all of the early war equipment used in the Spanish Civil War.

I will be posting AARs on my blog. So that has gotten me wondering whether or not it will be more helpful if I use the 4th edition of the rules or will AARs using the Final Edition be useful to 4th edition players?

Hi,
Of course you can use which ever edition you like, and a NUTS! Final AAR will read pretty much the same as a 4th Ed game.

And if you ever want to do a Spanish Civil War book -- let me know!
Cheers!
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby Atomic Floozy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:13 am

I don't think I understand the conflict well enough to do a book & my Spanish is deplorable. Plus, I'm so biased for the Republican side of the conflict.

Right now, I have almost a platoon of Republican Militia (male and female) & a platoon of Nationalist Infantry nearly ready for the table. I've relied heavily on Primera Batalia from Iron Ivan Games for unit organization & size.
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby paulnutsplayer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Atomic Floozy wrote:As some of you know, I'm about to dip my toes into the Spanish Civil War using Nuts!

So that has gotten me wondering whether or not it will be more helpful if I use the 4th edition of the rules or will AARs using the Final Edition be useful to 4th edition players?

The major difference I find is that NUTS 4th has eliminated IMPACT of weapons from the game and seamlesly streamlined the result into the firing results. If you enjoy the different Impacts of weapons, keep using NUTS 3rd.
paulnutsplayer
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby TXWargamer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:01 am

I do recommend getting 4e and the compendium. Getting everything in one spot was great.
I look forward to your posts.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Return to WWI, WWII & Moderns