Input wanted on NUTS! 4e turn & shooting flow chart aids

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

Re: Input wanted on NUTS! 4e turn & shooting flow chart aids

Postby paulnutsplayer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:19 am

I did the following using the chart. Ed, is this correct?

Run a scenario. For purposes of this scenario, all rifles are bolt action.

1) Redteam has Activation.
I have 20 blueteam facing away and 5 redteam come up 10” behind them.
There are more redteam (which have moved) but they are nowhere near here so are not involved in this firefight.

No need for In Sight trigger because Blueteam has no LOS.
All of that visible group of Redteam actively fires at 5 blueteam.

Blueteam A gets hit, does Shooting Damage roll and goes OD
Blueteam B gets hit, does Shooting Damage roll and goes OOF
Blueteam C gets hit, does Shooting Damage roll and Ducks Back. Move figure.
Blueteam D gets hit, does Shooting Damage roll and Ducks Back. Move figure.
Blueteam E is missed.

There is no return fire because the blueteam is facing away.
There is also no shoot again because redteam has all fired.

Blueteam will now take Man Down Test.
Blueteam E was slightly ahead of Blueteam A & B and did not see them go down. He doesn’t need to do Man Down test.

Blueteam F saw Blueteam B go OOF. He makes a Man Down Test.
Blueteam K (the leader) is able to be seen by Blueteam F and can provide a Leader Die roll, but the leader fails and contributes nothing.
Blueteam F now takes the Infantry Reaction Test-Man Down and either Carries On, Ducks Back, or panics and Leaves The Battlefield. In this case, he had to Duck Back.

Redteam members in this firefight have finished up their Activation this turn.

2) Now Blueteam activates.
Of the 13 Blueteam that are left, the 5 end of the line (Blueteam K, L, M, N, O) peal around a wall to flank them and are out of sight.

Blueteam E, G, H, I, J turn in place to face the enemy. Even though they are seeing them for the first time, they don’t roll In Sight as they have already been engaged by this group. Blueteam J decides to Go Prone.
Blueteam C, D & F had ducked back previously. They now take their Infantry Reaction Test - Recover. Blueteam Leader has gone around the wall so will not be contributing Leader Die.

Blueteam C Recover test was a Pass 1d6 and he remains Duck Back. He won’t be shooting now.
Blueteam D Recover test was a Pass 0d6 and he Hunkers Down. He won’t be shooting now as he is hiding.
Blueteam F Recover test was a Pass 2d6 and he will Carry on and fight. He will stay prone and face enemy.

Those Blueteam members that can will now fire at the 4 Redteam members. Unfortunately for the Redteam, they were standing up in full view when they originally fired on their activation.

Start the Shooting sequence again on page 3 of the chart for all that can shoot. This time there will be Return Fire from Redteam (if they survive). Those Blueteam that survive (are still standing and not Duck Back, OD, OOF and have ammo in gun) the Redteams Return Fire, can now shoot again.

Suggested Fixes to chart.
Page 2 MAN DOWN if figure within 4” & LOS hit and ....

A small not to clarify when these things are done. Could use very small font:
Page 4 Man Down Taken before the Activation Ends.
Page 4 Reaction Test Taken on the Troopers' next Activation
Page 4 Carry On means your figure can’t shoot…
However, Recover on page 21 says “Once the figure scores a result of Carry On, he can remains in cover and out of site. If prone, he could fire.” I thought that once they were Carry On, they weren’t restricted.
paulnutsplayer
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Yep, you have it correct.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Erbo Graf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Thank you EasyEight,

excellent "Turn sequence and Combat Flow Chart" very useful, and to paulnutsplayer for his example with sequence and ractions.

I've some doubts about the example.

paulnutsplayer wrote:
There are more redteam (which have moved) but they are nowhere near here so are not involved in this firefight.

Blueteam E is missed.

Blueteam E was slightly ahead of Blueteam A & B and did not see them go down. He doesn’t need to do Man Down test.

Blueteam K (the leader) is able to be seen by Blueteam F and can provide a Leader Die roll, but the leader fails and contributes nothing.
Blueteam F now takes the Infantry Reaction Test-Man Down and either Carries On, Ducks Back, or panics and Leaves The Battlefield. In this case, he had to Duck Back.

Of the 13 Blueteam that are left, the 5 end of the line (Blueteam K, L, M, N, O) peal around a wall to flank them and are out of sight.

Blueteam E, G, H, I, J turn in place to face the enemy. Even though they are seeing them for the first time, they don’t roll In Sight as they have already been engaged by this group. Blueteam J decides to Go Prone.
Blueteam C, D & F had ducked back previously. They now take their Infantry Reaction Test - Recover. Blueteam Leader has gone around the wall so will not be contributing Leader Die.

Blueteam C Recover test was a Pass 1d6 and he remains Duck Back. He won’t be shooting now.
Blueteam D Recover test was a Pass 0d6 and he Hunkers Down. He won’t be shooting now as he is hiding.
Blueteam F Recover test was a Pass 2d6 and he will Carry on and fight. He will stay prone and face enemy.

Those Blueteam members that can will now fire at the 4 Redteam members. Unfortunately for the Redteam, they were standing up in full view when they originally fired on their activation.

Start the Shooting sequence again on page 3 of the chart for all that can shoot. This time there will be Return Fire from Redteam (if they survive). Those Blueteam that survive (are still standing and not Duck Back, OD, OOF and have ammo in gun) the Redteams Return Fire, can now shoot again.

Page 2 MAN DOWN if figure within 4” & LOS hit and ....

A small not to clarify when these things are done. Could use very small font:
Page 4 Carry On means your figure can’t shoot…
However, Recover on page 21 says “Once the figure scores a result of Carry On, he can remains in cover and out of site. If prone, he could fire.” I thought that once they were Carry On, they weren’t restricted.
Erbo Graf
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Erbo Graf » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Thank you EasyEight,

excellent "Turn sequence and Combat Flow Chart" very useful, and to paulnutsplayer for his example with sequence and ractions.

paulnutsplayer wrote:

Blueteam E is missed.

How many figures of the blueteam have LOS to the redteam figures and able to fire or could fire?
The prone figures can fire?
Why blueteam fire at 4 redteam figures and not at 5?

Thanks again.
Erbo Graf
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby paulnutsplayer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:48 am

Page 2 MAN DOWN if figure within 4” & LOS of hit and ...

Please make a small note to clarify when these things are done. Could use very small font:

Page 4 you have "Carry On means your figure can’t shoot…"
However, Recover on NUTS page 21 says “Once the figure scores a result of Carry On, he can remains in cover and out of site. If prone, he could fire.”
And NUTS page 17 says “Ducking Back figures may not fire until they have Recovered.”
I think you need to remove ‘means your figure can’t shoot.’ I thought that once they were Carry On, they weren’t restricted.
paulnutsplayer
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby paulnutsplayer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 am

Erbo Graf wrote:Thank you EasyEight,

excellent "Turn sequence and Combat Flow Chart" very useful, and to paulnutsplayer for his example with sequence and reactions.

How many figures of the blueteam have LOS to the redteam figures and able to fire or could fire?

Sorry, late night typing this up from notes. There are 15 Blueteam members. On Blueteam’s activation, there are still 5 Redteam members.
At the start, none of the Blueteem have LOS. They are all facing away. Basically, Redteam has surprised them from behind.
On Blueteam’s Activation 5 members turn around; 5 moved out of LOS by moving away. On RedTeam's Activation that just happened 2 went OD/OOF; 3 went DuckBack and faced the enemy..

After Redteams Activation, Blueteam now goes.

Erbo Graf wrote:The prone figures can fire?

I have a query going on with that.
Page 4 Carry On means your figure can’t shoot… I thought that once they were Carry On, they weren’t restricted.
Ducking Back figures may not fire until they have Recovered (NUTS DuckBack P17)
However, Recover on NUTS page 21 says “Once the figure scores a result of Carry On, he can remains in cover and out of site. If prone, he could fire.”
I play it that once a figure gets Carry On, he is not restricted in actions.

So I had the 2 that were still in DuckBack as 'cannot fire.'

Erbo Graf wrote:Why blueteam fire at 4 redteam figures and not at 5?

It should read 5.

I've updated the playtest. See next entry.
paulnutsplayer
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Erbo Graf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:30 am

Hi, Paul,

Don't worry and thank for you reply.

Sorry, but I've explained very badly. I meant, after blueteam activates and reactions/movement, according your exemple, are finishised, how many blue figures are in good order or able to return fire or fire?
I find it strange that a prone figure or recovered from duck back status and in LOS, cannot shoot at redteam. Maybe i'm wrong? my doubt is if they only shoot in reaction or they can fire normally in his turn after activation?

Thanks

paulnutsplayer wrote:

Sorry, late night typing this up from notes. There are 15 Blueteam members. On Blueteam’s activation, there are still 5 Redteam members.
At the start, none of the Blueteem have LOS. They are all facing away. Basically, Redteam has surprised them from behind.
On Blueteam’s Activation 5 members turn around; 5 moved out of LOS by moving away. On RedTeam's Activation that just happened 2 went OD/OOF; 3 went DuckBack and faced the enemy..

After Redteams Activation, Blueteam now goes.

Erbo Graf wrote:The prone figures can fire?

I have a query going on with that.
Page 4 Carry On means your figure can’t shoot… I thought that once they were Carry On, they weren’t restricted.
Ducking Back figures may not fire until they have Recovered (NUTS DuckBack P17)
I play it that once a figure gets Carry On, he is not restricted in actions.

So I had the 2 that were still in DuckBack as 'cannot fire.'
Erbo Graf
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby paulnutsplayer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:01 pm

NUTS 4th Flow Chart test. Here is my revised write-up of my test of the Flow Chart. Too big paste into this post.
Attachments
NUTS 4th Flow Chart test.docx
Test of Flow Chart
(128.48 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
paulnutsplayer
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Erbo Graf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:26 am

paulnutsplayer wrote:NUTS 4th Flow Chart test. Here is my revised write-up of my test of the Flow Chart. Too big paste into this post.

Excellent job, Paul.
Thank you.
Erbo Graf
Rep 4
Rep 4

Previous

Return to WWI, WWII & Moderns