Is the reaction system getting removed

It's a broad topic, but it's essentially anything pre-gun era. Warrior Heroes, Red Sand Blue Sky, Rally Round the King for a start.

Re: Is the reaction system getting removed

Postby THW » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 pm

watti3460 wrote:What are the dimensons of the battle boards?

They are 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 but ATZ Evolution will have all three ways to play - Battle Boiard/Action Table, tabletop/Reaction system, and the board game elements with ALL THREE being compatible. So if you want to play a large game with a big table one day you could choose to do a Battle Board game the next, using whichever game mechanics you wanted.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:39 pm

That’s cool, having all 3 options in the game.

While I like using the Battle Board, sometimes I prefer a map. In those cases, I use a version of the LTL rules: move 1 section per turn, fast travel 2 sections. For weapons, I use 3 basic ranges: Short (same section), Medium (adjacent section), and Long (no range limits).
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby watti3460 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm

And then there is this.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3523

I use this because I am often on the road and I can play in planes, train and automobiles.
watti3460
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby shon maxx » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah, that is pretty cool.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby Buffrockjaw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:35 pm

watti3460 wrote:And then there is this.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3523

I use this because I am often on the road and I can play in planes, train and automobiles.

I may have to make myself one of those !
Buffrockjaw
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:43 am

And a lot of people are playing in restaurants and pubs. we even have out here in little old Lake Havasu with a game night every Saturday Night at a place.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Crinklechips » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm

This is a conversation I saw coming. I kind of agree with everyone really. :D

When I first started playing these games I was a bit overwhelmed with the crunchiness of some of the rules. Also, as I had no miniatures and am not interested in having a plastic mini's collection or 3D terrain It took some imagination to be able to play.

As time has passed I was really excited to see that I was being catered for. Simpler rules and less and less requirement for models and scenery.

I am now at the point where I realise I am invested quite heavily in these games as a hobby. Therefore I have bought quite a collection of sci fi and fantasy terrain maps from Paizo and I am upgrading my card counters to some high quality paper mini's that I am taking my time with and making them look as good as I can.

So now I find myself seeking that older style THW game that allows me to push my characters around my jazzy maps whilst also appreciating games Like Captain Nemo that don't take up much space.

It's all good really. I hope there is room for the crunchy rules and the simpler games in the future.

What I find really pushes the games forward for me are the generic encounters. The large number of them in Talomir Tales is truly great. These encounters are the modular building blocks by which I can create any adventure I want. I would really like to see more. They feel like the heart of the system to me...
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Tekawiz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Crinklechips wrote:This is a conversation I saw coming. I kind of agree with everyone really. :D

When I first started playing these games I was a bit overwhelmed with the crunchiness of some of the rules. Also, as I had no miniatures and am not interested in having a plastic mini's collection or 3D terrain It took some imagination to be able to play.

As time has passed I was really excited to see that I was being catered for. Simpler rules and less and less requirement for models and scenery.

I am now at the point where I realise I am invested quite heavily in these games as a hobby. Therefore I have bought quite a collection of sci fi and fantasy terrain maps from Paizo and I am upgrading my card counters to some high quality paper mini's that I am taking my time with and making them look as good as I can.

So now I find myself seeking that older style THW game that allows me to push my characters around my jazzy maps whilst also appreciating games Like Captain Nemo that don't take up much space.

It's all good really. I hope there is room for the crunchy rules and the simpler games in the future.

What I find really pushes the games forward for me are the generic encounters. The large number of them in Talomir Tales is truly great. These encounters are the modular building blocks by which I can create any adventure I want. I would really like to see more. They feel like the heart of the system to me...

Good points. I was in the same boat. THW got me into minis and that's pretty much all I play now. I love my tabletop and terrain!
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Crinklechips wrote:What I find really pushes the games forward for me are the generic encounters. The large number of them in Talomir Tales is truly great. These encounters are the modular building blocks by which I can create any adventure I want. I would really like to see more. They feel like the heart of the system to me...

It'll be coming for everything current and to come.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Crinklechips » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:28 pm

THW wrote:<q>What I find really pushes the games forward for me are the generic encounters. The large number of them in Talomir Tales is truly great. These encounters are the modular building blocks by which I can create any adventure I want. I would really like to see more. They feel like the heart of the system to me...</q>

It'll be coming for everything current and to come.

Great stuff Ed. Thanks for listening to your punters ;)
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

PreviousNext

Return to Talomir Tales and other Fantasy