scaling up 95th -tabletop style question-.

The 'early' gunpowder days. Muskets and Mohawks, Long Rifle, Muskets and Shakos, And a Bottle of Rum and similar era games.

scaling up 95th -tabletop style question-.

Postby Cortes » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi everyone.

I knew about THW through 2d6S&S; since then i have acquired all the games base on that system. I really enjoy its playability and speed.

At this moment i am focused on the 95th game, using its campaign system in different XIX conflicts (1812 war, Crimea & even the ACW)

I am planning to upgrade my star to an officer Rank (page 5), so he can command more than one unit.

For this, the best gaming option (seems to me), is the Tabletop style (Bonus), but some doubts arise about the proper ratio Unit-Pef (1-3).
How do i adjust that ratio when i deploy on the board more than one band?

Ex: My star, a Captain commands his own unit & promotes two grunts to lead their own units (3 in total). If using the tabletop style, how many PEFS should i deploy on the board?just three?, nine (if using the ratio 1:3)?.

Thanks in advance
Saludos.
Cortes
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: scaling up 95th -tabletop style question-.

Postby THW » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Cortes wrote:Hi everyone.

I knew about THW through 2d6S&S; since then i have acquired all the games base on that system. I really enjoy its playability and speed.

At this moment i am focused on the 95th game, using its campaign system in different XIX conflicts (1812 war, Crimea & even the ACW)

I am planning to upgrade my star to an officer Rank (page 5), so he can command more than one unit.

For this, the best gaming option (seems to me), is the Tabletop style (Bonus), but some doubts arise about the proper ratio Unit-Pef (1-3).
How do i adjust that ratio when i deploy on the board more than one band?

Ex: My star, a Captain commands his own unit & promotes two grunts to lead their own units (3 in total). If using the tabletop style, how many PEFS should i deploy on the board?just three?, nine (if using the ratio 1:3)?.

Thanks in advance
Saludos.

Still use three because with more units on the table you'll generate more enemy figures with each PEF resolution. Just be sure that when more than one unit has LOS to a PEF or vice versa, count all the figures to determine the size of the enemy.,

Hope this helps,
Ed
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: scaling up 95th -tabletop style question-.

Postby Cortes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Sure :idea: thanks a lot
Cortes
Rep 3
Rep 3

Return to Napoleonics / Black Powder / Pirates