CR - In building and duck back questions

OFFICIAL THW Q&A. This is the ONLY forum that will regularly get official answers from Ed himself on rules questions. Please include the ruleset being discussed in the subject heading when posting a new question. Common issues such as In Sight, and order of reactions, will be stickied as they come up for easy reference.

CR - In building and duck back questions

Postby beknoll » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:53 am

Hi, Ed. A few questions.

Facing...
Do I change facing when reacting to fire? Say someone shoots at me from the back, misses, so I react and shoot back.

Ducked back in building questions...
Situation: I've got an enemy ducked back in a building and I'm outside. I want to attack him. I move into the front door of his 1 area building. When can I see him if he's ducked back? If ducked back I can't melee him because there's no LOS. If I move ONTO the same spot will I have LOS and trigger an insight test?

Situation: He's ducked back in building, but I come at him from the rear. Let's say I'm in same room. Do I get an insight test? When, if ever, do I see him?

Situation: In building in the same room as an enemy. His fire gives me a DB result. Can I duck back IN THE SAME ROOM without leaving? Is there cover available?

Does duck back make someone invisible!? :)

Building cover and concealment...
Situation: I walk into the building he's in. He's got cover and is concealed. Now I walk into the room he's in. Do I get concealment or cover?

Duck back and reactions...
Do you come out of Duck Back when you return fire from a reaction test or can you even be shot at?

Situation: enemy in house ducked back. He's facing 2 guys at the front door who can't see him because he's DB. My guy comes in back door and shoots at him and misses (Can my guy even do this if the enemy is ducked back?). Reaction fire by enemy. Does he come out of duck back, exposing him to the 2 guys watching from the front door and triggering new insight tests?

Firing in general...
I can potentially fire once for any In Sight tests, once for Activation, and also for any reaction tests. Correct?

---

I clearly had some close-quarters-combat going on.

I know this is a little unclear, and I apologize. :) I hope you can parse it.

Thanks.
beknoll
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: CR - In building and duck back questions

Postby beknoll » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Duck back only applies to LOS between the shooter and target. Someone comes up behind? Of course they could fire.

Realized this later and it answers a few of my above questions.
beknoll
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: CR - In building and duck back questions

Postby THW » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:41 pm

beknoll wrote:Hi, Ed. A few questions.

Here goes.

Facing...
Do I change facing when reacting to fire? Say someone shoots at me from the back, misses, so I react and shoot back. You don't take the In Sight test but can turn back around if shot at and passed.

Ducked back in building questions...
Situation: I've got an enemy ducked back in a building and I'm outside. I want to attack him. I move into the front door of his 1 area building. When can I see him if he's ducked back? He ducks back ouf of sight from you outside. You enter the building, you see him and he sees you. If ducked back I can't melee him because there's no LOS. If I move ONTO the same spot will I have LOS and trigger an insight test? Yep, when you move to where you can see him again, it's a new In Sight

Situation: He's ducked back in building, but I come at him from the rear. Let's say I'm in same room. Do I get an insight test? When, if ever, do I see him? Yep, you see him when you enter the building.

Situation: In building in the same room as an enemy. His fire gives me a DB result. Can I duck back IN THE SAME ROOM without leaving? Is there cover available? Ib CR you have to leave the room

Does duck back make someone invisible!? :) No. Just not seen from the angle fo the duck back. So I shoot at you and you duck back behind a wall. I come around the wall and see you, new In Sight.

Building cover and concealment...
Situation: I walk into the building he's in. He's got cover and is concealed. Now I walk into the room he's in. Do I get concealment or cover? Movment is concealment, stationary is cover and concealment.

Duck back and reactions...
Do you come out of Duck Back when you return fire from a reaction test or can you even be shot at? If you're in Duck Back, you can't return fire. You cna be shot if they see you, but you're still in a duck back state of mind so will seek cover out of sight.

Situation: enemy in house ducked back. He's facing 2 guys at the front door who can't see him because he's DB. He can't see them either.My guy comes in back door and shoots at him and misses (Can my guy even do this if the enemy is ducked back?).Yes, because you are coming at him from a different angle. Think of real life. Reaction fire by enemy. Does he come out of duck back, exposing him to the 2 guys watching from the front door and triggering new insight tests? No, he fires at you as he can see you. The ohter guys can;t see him.Just think of hiding behind a wall and someone comes into sight from the other side of the wall. Still can't be seen from the first group

Firing in general...
I can potentially fire once for any In Sight tests, once for Activation, and also for any reaction tests. Correct? Yep.

---No worries, ask away.

I clearly had some close-quarters-combat going on.

I know this is a little unclear, and I apologize. :) I hope you can parse it.

Thanks.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Ed Sez