Into the Tunnels and No Retreat question

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Into the Tunnels and No Retreat question

Postby Brian » Wed May 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey,

I don't have Into the Tunnels as of yet (I wasn't able to buy into the kickstarter unfortunately... :roll: ), but it's on the buy list. I bought "No Retreat" though, not sure why I bought it out of sequence, but I digress, Below are a couple of questions...

1) No Retreat is a continuation of Into the Tunnels correct? Do you carry over your survivors from Into the Tunnels to use in No Retreat, I've not seen a reference for doing that.

2) I know Into the Tunnels was bundled with Star Army figures...so I'm assuming the campaign was designed to use the Star Army lists as opposed to PDF or Star Marines? (I know it doesn't really matter, just curious)

3) Is the Phoebe Station scenario used in Star Marine, a reference to a future supplement in the Bug Wars series?

4) Any chance of 15mm Hishen Army/Marines and Grath for future supplements in the series?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Rep 5
Rep 5

Re: Into the Tunnels and No Retreat question

Postby THW » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Brian wrote:Hey,

Here goes.
I don't have Into the Tunnels as of yet (I wasn't able to buy into the kickstarter unfortunately... :roll: ), but it's on the buy list. I bought "No Retreat" though, not sure why I bought it out of sequence, but I digress, Below are a couple of questions... YOu can buy it direct from the THW site, plus I'm selling the tunnel set here https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4568407646833164205#allposts/postNum=0.

1) No Retreat is a continuation of Into the Tunnels correct? Do you carry over your survivors from Into the Tunnels to use in No Retreat, I've not seen a reference for doing that.YOu can if you want to. I've made all the books work as stand alones just in case.

2) I know Into the Tunnels was bundled with Star Army figures...so I'm assuming the campaign was designed to use the Star Army lists as opposed to PDF or Star Marines? (I know it doesn't really matter, just curious) Nah, Bugs can fight anyone. It was SA as that's what the Kickstarter was about. Al the books are interchangeable. If you read the ending of No Retreat there's a hint as to what's next and who'll be fighting Bugs,

3) Is the Phoebe Station scenario used in Star Marine, a reference to a future supplement in the Bug Wars series? Nope, just a stand alone.

4) Any chance of 15mm Hishen Army/Marines and Grath for future supplements in the series? Yep, they are actually cast and will hit another Kickstarter later this year. I currently have a couple of platoons painted up and for sale. Not listed yet. If interested email me,

Thanks,
Brian
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Brian » Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I have read the end of "No Retreat", I won't spoil it, but that will be incredibly interesting!

I thought it would be neat to create a squad for the first book and track the survivors (assuming there are survivors) for use in the 2nd book. I suppose the Star could be the lone survivor and carried over instead though...hmmm?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby THW » Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Brian wrote:Thanks for the reply!

I have read the end of "No Retreat", I won't spoil it, but that will be incredibly interesting!

I thought it would be neat to create a squad for the first book and track the survivors (assuming there are survivors) for use in the 2nd book. I suppose the Star could be the lone survivor and carried over instead though...hmmm?

Thanks,
Brian

Yep, either way will work. Just make one your Star.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to 5150 Universe