Introducing THW Anywhere

Anything non-ruleset related. Modelling, Terrain, Miniatures, Dice... If it's to do with gaming but isn't a ruleset then put it here.

Re: Introducing THW Anywhere

Postby davidlhsl » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm

I finally found my way here from your link in another thread.

Wow!

I'm also a fan of the Gamemaster's Apprentice and I use it frequently now. I also love the Mythic GM Emulator and the two Variations books, although I've used these more for learning the concepts than in using the specific tools. I've developed a simpler 2d6 Yes/No system, and the word prompts from the Apprentice decks fills the keyword tables from Mythic (although I actually find the words in Mythic to be better than the ones in the Apprentice).

For dice rolling, I use an Android App called Dice. It's very basic in that you don't see a simulated rolling. You just see the die faces. I've often played out an encounter in my mind using just the Dice app.

Your portability setup takes this to another level.
davidlhsl
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Introducing THW Anywhere

Postby stryderg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Spit balling an idea:
Cover your map in velcro dots arranged in a square pattern. Draw the lines of your map between the dots. Glue the other side of the velcro to the bottom of your PEF markers and tokens for your minis.
You could then move the PEF's and minis around without them getting too fiddly or having the sticky note not stick.

It will bulk up the map and it won't look good, but would probably work better on a plane or train.
Diplomacy is the weapon of the civilized warrior.
-- A. T. Hun (Robert Aspirin)
stryderg
Rep 4
Rep 4

Previous

Return to The Hobby