Nemo - Using counters

Answers to questions on other rules.

Nemo - Using counters

Postby Crinklechips » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:33 pm

This seems backwards to me.

When using counters Page 2 ((parantheses are mine)) :-

"Carry On – When on the Battle Board, turn the Carrying On (fully functional) counter so its feet are facing the edge closest to the player. The counter can see and be seen. ((facing backwards))

Duck Back (page 13) – When on the Battle Board, (page 11) turn the Ducking Back counter around so its feet are facing the enemy."

I realise it is unimportant as whatever system makes sense to you is valid but I do wonder if this is a typo?
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Nemo - Using counters

Postby THW » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:17 am

Crinklechips wrote:This seems backwards to me.

When using counters Page 2 ((parantheses are mine)) :-

"Carry On – When on the Battle Board, turn the Carrying On (fully functional) counter so its feet are facing the edge closest to the player. The counter can see and be seen. ((facing backwards))

Duck Back (page 13) – When on the Battle Board, (page 11) turn the Ducking Back counter around so its feet are facing the enemy."

I realise it is unimportant as whatever system makes sense to you is valid but I do wonder if this is a typo?

Nope, it's correct.
Feet closest to the player edge makes them right side up to the player.
Feet facing the enemy makes them upside down to the player. Of course you could do it your way, just the other players know ahead of time.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Crinklechips » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Okay, cool. I have made my own status counters. Its all good.

Quick question. My star is at the tavern interacting with some British naval crew. I have Bob a nautilus crew grunt with me. Bob has the 'smooth' attribute. Do I count his attribute as part of the group and roll using my Rep or do I have to sit back so to speak and let him do the talking in order to get his bonus, using his lower Rep??
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Crinklechips wrote:Okay, cool. I have made my own status counters. Its all good.

Quick question. My star is at the tavern interacting with some British naval crew. I have Bob a nautilus crew grunt with me. Bob has the 'smooth' attribute. Do I count his attribute as part of the group and roll using my Rep or do I have to sit back so to speak and let him do the talking in order to get his bonus, using his lower Rep??

Yep, you'd have to sit back and let him do the talking to count the modifier. But that also means you didn't recruit anyone.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Crinklechips » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Cheers Ed.

Another question. Can you accrue promotion points from voluntary encounters as well!?
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 am

Crinklechips wrote:Cheers Ed.

Another question. Can you accrue promotion points from voluntary encounters as well!?

No, but you can get Increasing Rep d6 to help your Rep grow.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Crinklechips » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:39 am

Okay, thanks.
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Everything Else