TOC for No Limits

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

TOC for No Limits

Postby Maj. Diz Aster » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:15 am

I'm curious as to what is covered in No Limits. I already have a copy of Missions, but I am interested in finding out about No Limits. 30+professions? That's really what I want know about. There are mercenaries and bounty hunters, but are there space pirates? I would love to be able do something centered around a band of interplanetary scalawags terrorizing the space lanes. Are space pirates in NL? Or do I need to develop something for them on my own? ;) :lol:
Attachments
space pirate 250x250.jpg
space pirate 250x250.jpg (25.34 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Maj. Diz Aster

Ex Spatio, En Victoria!
https://ex-spatio-en-victoria.blogspot.com/
Maj. Diz Aster
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: TOC for No Limits

Postby BigWalleye » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Professions in NL are primaily to identify NPCs your character encounters. They have little impact on PCs. Going around wearing a nametag that says "HI! IM A PIRATE!" would prolly get you attention from the local gendarmes, at least in my universe, and it would get you a +1 to Rep when taking "piratey" challenges. But any character can get a ship. And any character can use that ship any way he likes. You could be a full-time freebooter and live on your wits out on the rim, where the Law is sparse. You can base yourself on a pirate planet and live in the company of like-minded souls. Or you can be a mostly-legal trader and just pick off an occasional fat merchie when you think no one is looking. Or you can wage economic war against the aliens who killed your family in the Verkunst Massacre, and be a wanted pirate to the Hishens and just an armed trader to everyone else. As it says: "No Limits."

Best space RPG I've ever played. The game doesn't get in the way of playing the game. That said, you should have something in mind for your character going in. The game will give you enough to generate a story line on the fly, but without a purpose of your own, it's kind of a random walk. As my friend Charlie Grey would call it, you need the Uberplan.
BigWalleye
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby Atomic Floozy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:46 pm

The professions do not come with attribute packages as in a few of the older games. So your pirate could be a privatee with letters of marque and reprisal from a government or a scaly wag from the dregs of society, it's all up to you.

In the Cool Coolie, my character is a trader who happens to indulge in a bit of smuggling.
Amado mio. Love me forever, and let forever begin tonight.
http://www.atomicfloozy.com
Atomic Floozy
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby Maj. Diz Aster » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks for the info y'all ;)

I like the way the older books handle character design, so I will just use the pirate roster from 5150: Star Marine and flesh it out a bit more to meet my needs. I'm still trying to decide if I will use the older combat tables or the new ones.
Maj. Diz Aster

Ex Spatio, En Victoria!
Maj. Diz Aster
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:35 am

Maj. Diz Aster wrote:I'm curious as to what is covered in No Limits. I already have a copy of Missions, but I am interested in finding out about No Limits. 30+professions? That's really what I want know about. There are mercenaries and bounty hunters, but are there space pirates?

Yes they are. They are under Criminal Element and appear in 5 of the linked Encounters as NPCs, being a Pirate is easy. You say Pirate, I say uh, Transporter. "

Here's the TOC.

No Limits TOC.pdf
(87.25 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Maj. Diz Aster » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:08 am

THW wrote:
Maj. Diz Aster wrote:I'm curious as to what is covered in No Limits. I already have a copy of Missions, but I am interested in finding out about No Limits. 30+professions? That's really what I want know about. There are mercenaries and bounty hunters, but are there space pirates?

Yes they are. They are under Criminal Element and appear in 5 of the linked Encounters as NPCs, being a Pirate is easy. You say Pirate, I say uh, Transporter. "

Here's the TOC.

No Limits TOC.pdf

Thanks Ed ;) Looks very interesting.

I guess I need to put a printed copy of NL on my Christmas list
Maj. Diz Aster

Ex Spatio, En Victoria!
Maj. Diz Aster
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to 5150 Universe