Page 1 of 1

Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:48 pm
by Wardog1207
Is there a star map of 5150 space or Gaea Space in any of the 5150 books? I only have Urban Renewal and Fringe Space (so far). From what I can tell, the maps would be generated randomly for each campaign using the rules/tables in Fringe Space. This is fine by me, I just need to know for the purposes of writing my story. Trying to avoid inaccuracies in case I decide to post parts of the stories for other 5150 players to read. Thanks.

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:40 pm
by Atomic Floozy
In the area called Ministry of Information is where most of the player AIDS are located. There is a topic "5150 Who Owns What with Map" - it has a couple of charts and a map.

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 pm
by EasyEight
Atomic Floozy wrote:In the area called Ministry of Information is where most of the player AIDS are located. There is a topic "5150 Who Owns What with Map" - it has a couple of charts and a map.


viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1638

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:26 pm
by Wardog1207
Hmm, when I click on those links all I get is a blank white screen. I see that the one has been downloaded over 1200 times, so the problem must be on my end. Thanks for the tip AtomicFloozy, and for the links, EasyEight. I'll keep working on it.

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm
by EasyEight
Wardog1207 wrote:Hmm, when I click on those links all I get is a blank white screen. I see that the one has been downloaded over 1200 times, so the problem must be on my end. Thanks for the tip AtomicFloozy, and for the links, EasyEight. I'll keep working on it.


The links are broken for me as well, so it may be that Ed needs to re-up the links. There's another good thread here, with some downloads:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2814

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 pm
by Atomic Floozy
Here's a real old one from 5150: Book One

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (152.34 KiB) Viewed 760 times

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:09 pm
by THW
Who Owns What 06132018.pdf
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 70 times


Here's the updated version of the white one that was corrupted. Replaced there and available here.

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 pm
by Wardog1207
Wow, Thanks AtomicFloozy, EasyEight, and of course, The Man himself, Ed for the great resources and your very quick response times!
5150 marks a return for me, to the Sci-Fi genre of gaming (a long-time favorite of mine) after an extended hiatus, and my first venture into Sci-Fi RPG. It's good to be back.

AtomicFloozy, I especially enjoyed your reports on New Hope City PI and plan to read them again soon, as NHC:PI will likely be my next purchase.

So in Fringe Space, when I generate a planet location as a destination for transporting cargo/passengers: Say I roll a planet in ring 4, Sector 2, how do I determine on the map(s) which planet that is? Or am I trying to apply Star Army/Navy data to a Fringe Space rule? I noticed New Hope does not appear in Ring 3 or 4 on the map as stated in UR and FS.

Thanks again.

Re: Is there a map for 5150 space?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:15 pm
by THW
Wardog1207 wrote:Wow, Thanks AtomicFloozy, EasyEight, and of course, The Man himself, Ed for the great resources and your very quick response times!
5150 marks a return for me, to the Sci-Fi genre of gaming (a long-time favorite of mine) after an extended hiatus, and my first venture into Sci-Fi RPG. It's good to be back.

AtomicFloozy, I especially enjoyed your reports on New Hope City PI and plan to read them again soon, as NHC:PI will likely be my next purchase.

So in Fringe Space, when I generate a planet location as a destination for transporting cargo/passengers: Say I roll a planet in ring 4, Sector 2, how do I determine on the map(s) which planet that is? Or am I trying to apply Star Army/Navy data to a Fringe Space rule? I noticed New Hope does not appear in Ring 3 or 4 on the map as stated in UR and FS.

Thanks again.


You can pick any planet you want as they are numerous. New Hope, well, is kind of different and claimed by both Rings.