Star Army and 40k

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Star Army and 40k

Postby rzunke » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:43 pm

So I bought a 40 k starter set, (I am no stranger to 40 k but I have not had any of Games Work shop stuff for a long while) and was playing the fourth Scenario (learning how to play the rules) when it seemed to me the rules were getting kind of klunky, after I finished that game I set up a game using Star army and a few attributes(using 40 D k project as a guide) the Star Army rules were fast and exciting( did not know quite what I was going to have to fight)I am not saying 40 k rules are not good, For me the star Army rules move faster and a lot more happens in a turn. I Might try combining the two (P E F and enemy movement with the 40 k stats) what happened in the game? after I went around a corner I ran into chaos marines I won the insight took out 3 of them their return fire took out one of my Marines, they fell back around a corner causing another P E F to be resolved as an enemy drone armed with a Plasma gun, it took out three of my marines so I retreated losing the game( maybe next game ill try to rescue the OOf marines) Any way this is just my thoughts and ramblings. I have not used Star marine rules with 40 K but that's in the near future, anyway have a good day .
rzunke
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Star Army and 40k

Postby THW » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 am

Sounds good. There's a 4dKay doc I think somewhere on the forum that has conversion from 40K to SA
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Star Army and 40k

Postby rzunke » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Yes I have it but it's for an older version of star army(I think) but it's easy enough to figure out the stats using all the other 5150 stuff I have. I just really like the reaction system and use it for all the games I have( I play mostly solo)Anyway I've used two hour wargames stuff for a long time now and I really like the way the rules work(just got to find the time to play) anyway Have a great day
rzunke
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Sci-Fi