Thoughts on my first Star Marine Campaign

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Thoughts on my first Star Marine Campaign

Postby rzunke » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:22 am

I played my first campaign( 5 Boarding actions) I was playing marines against Hishen, the very first game I won but lost a couple of guys( they went O D) but when I rolled for morale I passed 3 dice and the Hishen rolled 2 sixes, its to the Hishens credit the campaign lasted as long as it did, one of the games the marines were beaten back (I was ambushed by Hishen Marines) anyway I won the campaign went on leave with a couple of other grunts got into a fight with some Star Army types(we won the fight) but leave was cancelled. I am loving this game its fast tense and fun, I have an idea forming for a different type of campaign a ship is detected entering from beyond the outer fringes, attempts to contact
the ship have failed but it appears to make course corrections, Star marines board and find blood stained corridors and rooms, and the infected of various types some types are still act as crew but very blood thirsty, also I want to come up with some type of insanity table for the ones who board( perhaps a salvage crew )anyway that's down the road a ways, but I am really enjoying this game thanks for a great game and letting me ramble,have a great day
rzunke
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Thoughts on my first Star Marine Campaign

Postby EasyEight » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:53 am

Glad you're liking it! There's a campaign book in the works, it includes "Bug Shock" rules for insanity tests. Let me know if you want to playtest them.
Cheers!
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby rzunke » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:32 am

Yes I would love to play test the rules, I have not play tested before but would love to thanks for asking have a good day
rzunke
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby EasyEight » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:00 pm

rzunke wrote:Yes I would love to play test the rules, I have not play tested before but would love to thanks for asking have a good day

Hi, I sent you a PM.
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Return to Sci-Fi