Star Marine

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Star Marine

Postby rzunke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:05 pm

I just I recently bought Star Marine and looking over the Pdf file I kept thinking some of this sounded kind of familiar, then it hit me, a long while ago I Bought Raptorzs the game from Rebel minis, Although that game was pretty basic , the tiles you could print out for it were pretty cool. I plan on using the tiles for boarding actions, anyway Star Marine looks like A real fun game( I always enjoy two hour wargames no matter which one I am playing) Sci- Fi is my passion though
and I thoroughly enjoy the 5150 games, and Star Marine looks like its going to be among my favorites along with fringe space and fighter command. Anyway thanks for the games and have a great day.
rzunke
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Star Marine

Postby EasyEight » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Fantastic! If you have questions, comments, AARs, love to see 'em! Btw, I just started reading a series by Chris Hechtl, I can just see the action unfolding as Star Marine games -- 'cause it deals with Star Marines.

He has a whole set of related series, the main story line is the "Wandering Engineer" about a senior officer who survived the Federation-Xeno War in hypersleep, emerging centuries later to try and rebuild. The ship actions are very 5150 Fighter Command (BSG/Star Wars/Wing Commander) and the boarding actions are all Aliens/Halo/Star Marine. This particular book is first in a series about a NeoCat Marine named Jethro -- goes through boot, adventures, boarding actions, power armor, etc. A lot about daily life in the Star Marines as well.

What's a NeoCat? In addition to alien races in the book, humanity created genetically uplifted races based on many species -- felines, canines, ursines, primates, even uplifted seals. Be cool to have NeoCats and NeoChimps, etc. in 5150.

https://www.amazon.com/Jethro-Goes-War- ... B00FEUQ2WQ
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby THW » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 pm

If you like the tiles, then you're going to love the Bug Tunnel set coming for 5150. Resin tiles from Acheson Creations with 3" corridors, turns, T, egg room, two entrances, dead end, and queen's chamber. Will work for both 15mm and 28mm figures.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby rzunke » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 am

New Cats, that sounds real familiar, I'll have to look for the series. Bug Tunnels that sounds awesome, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
rzunke
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby rzunke » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:03 am

Oops (fat fingers) meant neo cats.
rzunke
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Sci-Fi