Battalion Command disappointment

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Battalion Command disappointment

Postby ghalgor » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 pm

I played Nuts big battles today and really enjoyed it so I thought I would buy Battalion Commander as it seemed to be similar based on the blurb. I don't know if I am missing anything but this is the first game I'm disappointed in. I liked in BB that shooting was abstracted due to the higher level, but BC doesn't have it. It's recommend that we put multiple figures on a base, just to mark off casualties. At it's basic, I don't see how this is different than just having individual figures as in Star army 2nd tour. I stopped reading due to this disappointment, so can someone please 'sell' me the benefits of this game over 2nd tour.

Otherwise I'm just going to try and read through the rest and see if I can swap out the combat for the BB combat. But if I do this, I may as well as just saved my money and used sci fi figures in nuts Big Battles.

Please help!!
ghalgor
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Battalion Command disappointment

Postby THW » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Sorry for the confusion. Btn Commander was made way before NUTS Big Battle, and was done to blend with Platoon Leader and Star Army. Just like Star Army isn't NUTS in space, the same thing with Battalion Commander.

As for not seeing the difference between BC and 2nd Tour, you could take a short cut and look at the QRSs of each to see the big differences such as shooting melee, mech combat, etc..

If it isn't what you expected no problem, just email me at twohourwargames@gmail.com and I'll replace or refund. Hope this helps,
Ed
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby stryderg » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm

And that right there is why Ed is 'the man'.
Diplomacy is the weapon of the civilized warrior.
-- A. T. Hun (Robert Aspirin)
stryderg
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby ghalgor » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:10 am

No Ed, i bought the book, its just not what i thought it would be. It will give me a mini project to mesh the two
ghalgor
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:28 pm

ghalgor wrote:No Ed, i bought the book, its just not what i thought it would be. It will give me a mini project to mesh the two

No worries, the offer is always there. Let me know what you come up with.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby TXWargamer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:02 am

stryderg wrote:And that right there is why Ed is 'the man'.

Agree and why I'm an unabashed fanboy
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Return to Sci-Fi