Night Terror Questions

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Night Terror Questions

Postby Crinklechips » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Okay, I've started 'Night Terror'. 3 Questions...

1. On page 26 "The Night Terror does not count Increasing or Decreasing Rep d6. You can still collect them to see how well you have done.". On page 27 "the Night Terror is subject to Increasing and Decreasing Rep d6 rules as found in the Core Rules."

This needs clarification but I take it to mean there is no point in tracking life Rep D6 but normal Increasing/Decreasing Rep D6 are rolled after each encounter?

2. Page 27 "You will meet from 1 to 3 PEFs. You can choose to resolve as many or as few as you like." All Night Terror encounters say 1 PEF only. So you can add 1 or 2 per encounter if you want a longer, riskier encounter?

3. If you kill everyone before you get to the first 'Will To Fight' test I am playing that you dont roll on the 'Help Me, Help Me!' Table. Is that right? I figure no one is alive to say HELP! :twisted:

Having fun. Played the first 3 encounters and I'm tearing my way around PAVORNOKAE V with righteous zeal! So, so far - In PAVORNOKAE V no one hears you scream :lol:
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Night Terror Questions

Postby THW » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:28 am

Crinklechips wrote:Okay, I've started 'Night Terror'. 3 Questions...

Here goes.

1. On page 26 "The Night Terror does not count Increasing or Decreasing Rep d6. You can still collect them to see how well you have done.". On page 27 "the Night Terror is subject to Increasing and Decreasing Rep d6 rules as found in the Core Rules."

This needs clarification but I take it to mean there is no point in tracking life Rep D6 but normal Increasing/Decreasing Rep D6 are rolled after each encounter? Correct.

2. Page 27 "You will meet from 1 to 3 PEFs. You can choose to resolve as many or as few as you like." All Night Terror encounters say 1 PEF only. So you can add 1 or 2 per encounter if you want a longer, riskier encounter? Right.

3. If you kill everyone before you get to the first 'Will To Fight' test I am playing that you dont roll on the 'Help Me, Help Me!' Table. Is that right? I figure no one is alive to say HELP! :twisted: Exactly, if they be dead, no Help me! Help Me!

Having fun. Played the first 3 encounters and I'm tearing my way around PAVORNOKAE V with righteous zeal! So, so far - In PAVORNOKAE V no one hears you scream :lol:
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Night Terror Questions

Postby Crinklechips » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:34 am

The Night Terror blazed a trail of destruction right up to the deadly encounter number 5. He's good, but no match for a grenade launching Star Marine and his lazer rifle toting pals! He just about escaped alive.

Then real life happenned. First my wife came down with a terrible cold and I had to nurse her back to health. Now of course I have it. I've coughed so much I must be inside out by now! Suffice to say playing part two is on hold for now. :(
Crinklechips
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to 5150 Universe