Star Army, Star Marines for me?

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Star Army, Star Marines for me?

Postby TriOpticon » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:19 am

I am looking for a ruleset that will cover squad based skirmish battles. So, a fire team/squad or 2 vs another fire team/squad. About 5 figures per squad at the most, I think. I would like modern era and near/far future weapons. Vehicles are not that important, at least not at this time.

I was thinking of something like a straight up fight between military forces but also would like something such as a special ops team infiltrating a warehouse or other facility to rescue someone or steal some plans, etc. Covert ops, asymmetrical forces, etc. Moving miniatures on the tabletop, etc.

I am not sure I need leveling up or anything like that for between battles but that might be a good option. Scale independent so that we could use a friend's 6mm figures for one battle and next week I use my 15/28/whatever figures.

From reading the website it sounds like Star Army 2nd Tour and/or Star Marine? Any suggestions on what would be better and/or what options to enhance the game play?

Thanks!
TriOpticon
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Star Army, Star Marines for me?

Postby Tekawiz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm

I have Star Marine. The rules for boarding ships is my favorite part. You can also create your own ship designs and board them.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:34 am

Both would work well for you. Here is the Table of Contents for both, might help.

SA&SMTOC.pdf
(653.4 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby TriOpticon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 am

Thanks for the responses!

And I just realized I have a copy of the first Star Army. I only realized it when I read an old message of mine asking about what was new in the 2nd Tour edition. Talk about buying too many games to the point I do not remember what I have!

I'll try out what I have and may add Star Marine at a later point.
TriOpticon
Rep 3
Rep 3

Return to 5150 Universe