Bots or Drones Rules

5150 Star Army, Star Navy, Fighter Command, New Beginnings and even CR3 if you're playing it as a Sci-Fi set.

Bots or Drones Rules

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Hey,
I'm toying with this idea for my Star Army/Marines games. I chose to use this specifically for my Marines because the figure line I'm using (or will probably use) doesn't include support weapons for them..ie...no heavy machine guns, plasma guns or heavy rocket launcher teams....so for land based assaults, I'm using drones or bots whatever you want to call them. I'm reasoning it makes sense for marines to use them since they can be more mobile with them..the same for Star Army Rangers as well. Star Army infantry units have the option to use them or not depending on the importance of the campaign (morale and/or investment level).

I'm defining 3 types of Drones or bots.
A team of bots is defined as 2 bots.
Functions as an additional support option in the same manner as a Symon Squad....ie. can replace a 3rd squad in 1 platoon or can be used as a support option.
REP 3 - Minimal functions, autonomous just not as good as REP 4 or 5. Most PDF, some Rebels, and militias have access to these. May or may not require an operator, I think I'll refer to them as Field Techs (or Gizmo Geeks)...
-With Tech present, counts REP 1 higher as per Star Army rules for In Sight, and Shooting. Weapon Stats are dependent on weapon system mounted.
-LOS to Tech not necessary, but must be within Squad cohesion of Tech and other bot in squad and squad itself if operating as a support option.
-1 Tech can operate a single team of bots.
REP 4 - Basic functions, autonomous, just not as good as a REP 5 model. Some PDF, high end Mercs, Hishen, Zhuh-Zhuh, and at a push Rebels use these. May or may not require a Field Tech
-With Tech present, counts REP 1 higher as per Star Army rules for In Sight, and Shooting. Weapon Stats are dependent on weapon system mounted.
-LOS to Tech not necessary, but must be within Squad cohesion of Tech and other bot in squad and squad itself if operating as a support option.
-1 Tech can operate a single team of bots.
REP 5 - High End, fully autonomous, but not necessarily the level of a Synthetic (Symons, Cyndis..etc..), Field Tech not required.
-Must be within Squad cohesion of other bot in team (does not operate as part of a squad).
-Operates as a single team of bots.

The above are just some thoughts, I'll add to it as I think of more things, theses notes are just some random thoughts I was trying to type up for feedback!

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Rep 5
Rep 5

Re: Bots or Drones Rules

Postby THW » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Looks good. Let me know how it works in actual play.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Bots or Drones Rules

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Good point, and will do!

I've got a smallish scenario in mind to test it out, perhaps this weekend I can get said smallish scenario on the tabletop... :D

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Rep 5
Rep 5

Return to Sci-Fi