Return fire Out of LOS

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

Return fire Out of LOS

Postby Erbo Graf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:48 pm

THW wrote:
If you come around the corner and stumble upon an enemy facing away from you (180º), they do not have Line of Sight with you.
No In Sight is triggered and you may fire upon them.

I get a free shot on them, But what happens if I fail my shot? How will they react?

According to NUTS 4th ed, in the Shooting Table "Targets that can fire will return fire", so, they turn on me and return fire or should they wait when active and they do nothing? What happen if it were a vehicle?

Would it be like a kind of snap fire?

Thanks in advance.
Erbo Graf
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Return fire Out of LOS

Postby THW » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Erbo Graf wrote:
THW wrote:
If you come around the corner and stumble upon an enemy facing away from you (180º), they do not have Line of Sight with you.
No In Sight is triggered and you may fire upon them.

I get a free shot on them, But what happens if I fail my shot? How will they react?

According to NUTS 4th ed, in the Shooting Table "Targets that can fire will return fire", so, they turn on me and return fire or should they wait when active and they do nothing? What happen if it were a vehicle?

Would it be like a kind of snap fire?

Thanks in advance.

No return fire as they cannot move. The Shooting Table says.
If can’t return fire will Carry On instead.
If the activate they can turn around, but that triggers an In Sight, as they haven't seen the enemy until turning around. They just know they were shot at, from how far, who knows.
Now having said that, you could have them turn and fire like you said.
Hope this helps.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to WWI, WWII & Moderns