Snap Firing in NUTS (4th ed)

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

Snap Firing in NUTS (4th ed)

Postby Brian » Tue May 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Hey,

I think in 4th edition Snap Firing was removed, if I remember correctly? On the Ranged Combat table in the Compendium, under the "#8" column and "Shooter Missed If", Snap Firing. Target Returns Fire...is this simply skipped or should there be a different result?

Sorry if this has been asked before...I searched for "snap fire" but couldn't find a similar question to this! I'm good either way, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something!

Thanks!
Brian
Brian
Rep 5
Rep 5

Re: Snap Firing in NUTS (4th ed)

Postby junkbarbarian » Wed May 09, 2018 1:57 pm

I've only played 4E, and don't remember snap fire being a thing, and when I do a Cntrl F search of the PDF I find zero occurrences of the word "snap". So it's either removed or called something else as far as I can tell.

So I would just ignore that line,
junkbarbarian
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby Brian » Wed May 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I've pretty much been doing that...so...I'll carry on! :D

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby Brian » Wed May 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Further reading in the compendium, it looks like snap fire effects the audio in sight check....so I would consider it a special scenario rule rather than a “standard” rule, just my opinion though. I should’ve read through the rules again lol..

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby THW » Wed May 09, 2018 5:55 pm

I agree. Compendium pulls all the rules from all the supplements into one book. This allows you to pick and choose for the scenario.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby J Gregory » Tue May 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Snap Fire (aka Rush Shot) was a result of the Received Fire test in earlier versions (2, Final, and Chain Reaction) - if only passing 1d6 on the test, you rushed the shot and needed 10 to hit.

Personally, I love the idea of characters being caught unaware and only managing to rush a shot off, so I still use the RF test and Rush Shot in all of my games.
J Gregory
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to WWI, WWII & Moderns