Prone in Nuts 4th Edition

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

Prone in Nuts 4th Edition

Postby Garryowen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

I cannot find any advantage to going prone in the latest (4th) edition of Nuts except for escaping damage from a blast weapon under the heading Escaping Damage on page 28.

Interestingly, the Throwing a Grenade table on the same page does not say that a prone figure escapes damage, even though I would say a grenade is a blast weapon.

So my two questions are:

1. Does being prone cause a figure in the blast circle of a grenade to avoid damage, merely counting as Ducked Back?

2. Was it intentional to change the Target table to eliminate an 8 to miss if the target is prone?

Thanks for the help.

Tom
Garryowen
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Prone in Nuts 4th Edition

Postby Erbo Graf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm

I cannot find any advantage to going prone in the latest (4th) edition of Nuts except for escaping damage from a blast weapon under the heading Escaping Damage on page 28.

Interestingly, the Throwing a Grenade table on the same page does not say that a prone figure escapes damage, even though I would say a grenade is a blast weapon.

So my two questions are:

1. Does being prone cause a figure in the blast circle of a grenade to avoid damage, merely counting as Ducked Back?

2. Was it intentional to change the Target table to eliminate an 8 to miss if the target is prone?

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Hi,

Almost no advantage for being prone in the latest 4th edition of Nuts, I'd use the old Final Version of Nuts for prone rules.
Erbo Graf
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Garryowen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:49 pm

That's my plan, unless I get another reply that convinces me otherwise. I must admit I do hate having to mark up my QRSs with changes.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom
Garryowen
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 am

Garryowen wrote:I cannot find any advantage to going prone in the latest (4th) edition of Nuts except for escaping damage from a blast weapon under the heading Escaping Damage on page 28. Hcolor=#FF0000]Here goes.[/color]

So my two questions are:

1. Does being prone cause a figure in the blast circle of a grenade to avoid damage, merely counting as Ducked Back? Correct.

2. Was it intentional to change the Target table to eliminate an 8 to miss if the target is prone? Yes, but that can be put back in if you want.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Garryowen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks Ed.
Tom
Garryowen
Rep 4
Rep 4