What's in the Compendium Part 4

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

What's in the Compendium Part 4

Postby paulnutsplayer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Here are some more stuff in this book:

If you need to have some time pass in the game (like you need several hours to pass to have night arrive Or have your runner go back 10 tables to bring up the HMG) you can take a Break In The Action.
A Break in the Action is a flexible time period during a Mission that allows the players to move freely around the table top, call for support, send wounded off table, and so on, and not have to worry about tactical movement details except Line Of Sight as explained in this book.

There are rules for creating your own Urban Campaigns in the Eastern Front mode.
Involving some new types of Patrols: Sniper Patrol, Foraging Patrol (looking for provisions). Even Assault if it reveals an enemy defense.

There are even 6 tables of Urban Chaos Random Events.

Civilians has been expanded. You can come across them in battle and there are rules for how they react to the fight. They can also be met in C&C Encounters.

For Chocolate and Cigarettes (C&C) mode, there are a whole passel of things.

Items has been expanded to include Personal Victories: more items, how to find them, how to use them in the game.

C&C Encounters is the non-battle ‘mission’ that the characters can go on ‘for fun and profit.’
Carousing Encounter: It’s time for some R&R and the local town behind the lines is a great place to be. Maybe you’re looking for a drink, some Companionship, or want to gamble. For whatever reason, you’ve chosen to spend some free time in a tavern. When carousing, you don’t need to set up figures, but you could end up doing it.
There is a Gambling event with Gambling Table; Companionship with a Companionship table; Confrontation table with Fist Fight table. You can even be busted by the MPs.
What do you get out of this Carousing? Points to spend on improving your characters.
There is even Black Market wheeling and dealing to get you special items for better Carousing or even help you in combat missions.
paulnutsplayer
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: What's in the Compendium Part 4

Postby shon maxx » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Those for all of this information. I'm planning on picking up the books next month when I get my next work bonus. I like the rules expansions, especially everything for C&C and the new attributes. However, I'm mostly looking forward to the airplane rules.

One question; is anything missing from the previous Nuts game or is it all just additions?
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby EasyEight » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks for the recap, Paul! Man we packed a lot of good stuff into this book. I happen to really like the C&C "I know a guy" rules which let you do some wheeling and dealing to get support in your next mission-- makes personal victory items not just interesting, but dang useful if I can trade a captured officer's pistol and some bottles of booze for an on-call mortar strike in my next game!
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby EasyEight » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:03 pm

shon maxx wrote:Those for all of this information. I'm planning on picking up the books next month when I get my next work bonus. I like the rules expansions, especially everything for C&C and the new attributes. However, I'm mostly looking forward to the airplane rules.

One question; is anything missing from the previous Nuts game or is it all just additions?

This is all additional rules. You can play NUTS with the main book only, but now you can pick and choose additional rules and units from the Compendium to customize your game. Want to play a squad of Dutch defenders with the nice May 40 figures? With a basic Dutch unit and vehicle list, now you can:

http://www.may40miniatures.com/

Want to use some of the 28mm "British Ladies of the Homefront" from Bad Squiddo Games to pit the female homeguard against Fallschirmjager in a "What if" game? The Compendium has the rules to let you do that.

http://badsquiddogames.com/shop#!/PRE-O ... y=25226639
God made wizards, and God made muggles, but Samuel Colt made them equal!
https://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
EasyEight
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby paulnutsplayer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:25 am

EasyEight wrote:Thanks for the recap, Paul! Man we packed a lot of good stuff into this book. I happen to really like the C&C "I know a guy" rules which let you do some wheeling and dealing to get support in your next mission-- makes personal victory items not just interesting, but dang useful if I can trade a captured officer's pistol and some bottles of booze for an on-call mortar strike in my next game!

Yessiree. With this Companion, you now can play the film Kelly's Heroes from Kelly interrogating the Colonel, Kelly wheeling and dealing with Crapgame and Oddball (including getting some Pre-Reconnaissance help), Kelly's convoy driving through the town amidst mortar fire, having the US air force airstrike their vehicles on the hill, Oddball wheel and deal by phone for his 'army', Oddball fighting in the Railroad Yard, Kelly walking into a minefield, Kelly laying an ambush on the German Patrol, Kelly 'Being Familiar' with Oddball's tankers and then ambushing the garrison, blowing up the garrison building, Aiding the injured Crapgame, making a 'business deal' with the Tiger TC and more.

Maybe you could even play Glorious Bastards?
paulnutsplayer
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to WWI, WWII & Moderns