Nuts! 4th Edition - Question on Rolling for Shooting Damage

Anything from WWII through to Modern warfare. NUTS! and Supplements, Fire in Korea, FNG, CR3 and the like.

Nuts! 4th Edition - Question on Rolling for Shooting Damage

Postby tonyb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Hey guys. Question on the updates to Rolling for Shooting Damage in Nuts! 4th Edition.

I notice now that Impact on weapons is no longer taken into consideration and that damage is now based on rolling dice vs the rep of the target (higher rolls are better).

I was interested in knowing why the rules now differ from Final Edition where you wanted to roll low (vs the impact of the weapon).

I don't mind the change, just interested in hearing comments because this differs from other rules I read such as ATZ.
tonyb
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Nuts! 4th Edition - Question on Rolling for Shooting Dam

Postby THW » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 pm

tonyb wrote:Hey guys. Question on the updates to Rolling for Shooting Damage in Nuts! 4th Edition.

I notice now that Impact on weapons is no longer taken into consideration and that damage is now based on rolling dice vs the rep of the target (higher rolls are better).

I was interested in knowing why the rules now differ from Final Edition where you wanted to roll low (vs the impact of the weapon).

I don't mind the change, just interested in hearing comments because this differs from other rules I read such as ATZ.

My take was that the effects of Impact were the same for everyone. So a Rep 3 and Rep 5 suffered the same damage. I felt that the higher Reps, better trained, morale, physical shape, should be harder to damage. The "6" OD levels the playing field. Hope this makes sense.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Erbo Graf » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm sorry but it does not make sense for me.

Often the best trained men, moral or physical shape suffer from bad luck or fates of war, a grenade thrown at his feet, a straight shot on his position, etc ending with his lives.
I'd enhance leadership in regards to moral tests: man down, recover, rally or in shooting capacity, not in shooting damage table.

Just my two cents
Thanks
Erbo Graf
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby shon maxx » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm

I thought that was all pretty much covered with rolling a 6 = OD. Personally, I like this over Impact because I felt like, with Impact, a pistol had the same chance to kill a Rep 3 as a Rep 7.

Seeing that this mechanic is in Nuts, I will be adding the game to my buying list, probably in December.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby THW » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Erbo Graf wrote:I'm sorry but it does not make sense for me.

Often the best trained men, moral or physical shape suffer from bad luck or fates of war, a grenade thrown at his feet, a straight shot on his position, etc ending with his lives. That would be the "6" rolled which is Obviously Dead. Leadership doesn't come into play on the Damage table. The Rep is also the ability to present the smallest target to be hit as well as physical stamina.Of course, you can always return to Impact.
I'd enhance leadership in regards to moral tests: man down, recover, rally or in shooting capacity, not in shooting damage table.

Just my two cents
Thanks
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to WWI, WWII & Moderns