[Machinas] Bug in NPC Car Generation?

ATZ, ATH, or anything else you're using in a Horror or Post Apocalyptic setting

[Machinas] Bug in NPC Car Generation?

Postby SquidLord » Sat May 24, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm setting up for tonight's game of Machinas (https://plus.google.com/events/c0130cigb73ddufbdeid1t3savg?authkey=CNa14_Coi-XHGQ), and getting kind of a late start on creating the NPC drivers – so I'm flipping through the book on pages 23/24, and I see how to generate NPC stats, I see how to generate NPC car weaponry, features, and defenses but I don't see something I expect to see: a table for generating which car chassis that the NPC is using.

Caught me by surprise, it did. Now I think I'm just going to have to draw chassis from the base deck, which is no problem, but I was surprised not to see a table right next to all the other tables.
SquidLord
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: [Machinas] Bug in NPC Car Generation?

Postby THW » Sat May 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Yeah, draw a card is best. I'll dig around and see what I can find. May have defaulted to same type as players.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Sat May 24, 2014 8:22 pm

I noticed that too, but I was sick so I didn't get around to looking closer into the rules to see if I had missed something. I figure like you and Ed said, draw a card at random for the car.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby SquidLord » Sat May 24, 2014 9:04 pm

THW wrote:Yeah, draw a card is best. I'll dig around and see what I can find. May have defaulted to same type as players.

Interesting side effect of controlling a car from the deck with weapon, feature, and defense as a block, and then checking to see if you're overweight before attaching another block is that NP Drivers tend to have extremely overweight cars. Which is probably a good thing, given that they don't have quite the level of reasoning that the human player does, but things can get heavy fast with those tables.

Also, a big rig with two Big Slabs? That is one hell of a beast to come up on from behind. Of course, with the weight modifications, it's rolling around with a Speed of 1, so you need very little in the way of successes to take it out entirely. Still – good luck with that.

We'll see how things actually shake out tonight after the broadcast game of Machinas. I'm looking forward to it.
SquidLord
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Sun May 25, 2014 12:08 am

SquidLord wrote:
THW wrote:Yeah, draw a card is best. I'll dig around and see what I can find. May have defaulted to same type as players.

Interesting side effect of controlling a car from the deck with weapon, feature, and defense as a block, and then checking to see if you're overweight before attaching another block is that NP Drivers tend to have extremely overweight cars. Which is probably a good thing, given that they don't have quite the level of reasoning that the human player does, but things can get heavy fast with those tables.

Also, a big rig with two Big Slabs? That is one hell of a beast to come up on from behind. Of course, with the weight modifications, it's rolling around with a Speed of 1, so you need very little in the way of successes to take it out entirely. Still – good luck with that.

We'll see how things actually shake out tonight after the broadcast game of Machinas. I'm looking forward to it.

Yep, the NP Drivers can be pretty unique. I had a bad situation with one of those big rigs before. Not good!
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Horror / Post Apoc