Lovecrafts Revenge - Destroying Cursed Artifacts

ATZ, ATH, or anything else you're using in a Horror or Post Apocalyptic setting

Lovecrafts Revenge - Destroying Cursed Artifacts

Postby Tekawiz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:15 am

Jay, How do you destroy or get rid of a cursed Artifact? I see reference to it on pages 46 and 47.

Kurt
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Lovecrafts Revenge - Destroying Cursed Artifacts

Postby shon maxx » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:36 am

Go through another story with the goal being, 'Destroy an Artifact.' If you complete the story, you've found the way to destroy it, maybe. Page 47: "After he destroys the artifact, make a sanity test or the you'll find it back in your possession (You can use this in place of Aftermath).
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Lovecrafts Revenge - Destroying Cursed Artifacts

Postby Tekawiz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 pm

shon maxx wrote:Go through another story with the goal being, 'Destroy an Artifact.' If you complete the story, you've found the way to destroy it, maybe. Page 47: "After he destroys the artifact, make a sanity test or the you'll find it back in your possession (You can use this in place of Aftermath).

Sounds great. I can see finding a way to destroy a cursed artifact as an interesting in-game side quest.

Here are a few other simple tweaks that I'm trying out that will add a little more narrative to LR. All are existing THW rules.

1. I like the varied outcomes on the Intimidation Table from Edd's Pub, page 18. So when there is a 2+ Pass result on the Hostility Table, I'll roll on the Intimidation Table. Although it's another layer of dice rolling, the multiple outcomes on the Intimidation Table adds to the narrative.

2. I wanted the Insanity Points to have a larger impact on the game. I tweaked the Metal Madness Table from 51510 New Beginnings, page 74. So if a character passes 1d6 on the Recovery Table, he would keep his Insanity Points but sort of be "on the edge." At the start of every combat, the character rolls on this table vs his Insanity Points. The results can be "It's All Good", "On The Edge" and gain 2 additional Insanity Points or "Goes Off the Deep End!" and will try to kill everybody starting with the closest figure.

3. If an investigator, fails the questioning of person of interest, he can try again by "Tailing" the person of interest by using Tailing Table from New Hope City PI, page 24.
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Horror / Post Apoc