ATZ evolution first timer questions

ATZ, horror and Post Apoc

ATZ evolution first timer questions

Postby AwkwardHugz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:25 am

I'm guessing a lot of the answers are: do what feels right, I'm just curious if there's a 'default'.

What do you start with for the first 30 days recommended encounters? One food that you immediately use, anything else?
How do you decide what enemies do on their active turn? Whatever's thematic?
Friend or foe check seems to be different in two sections. Page 68 (player score higher or lower) vs page 19-20 (either side double the other).
For the first 30 days, under special instructions: why does it state if you have a gun (p-1 or bap-2) remember the police/military are in play?
When do you begin making zombie checks for gunfire? At the very start of the campaign?

Awesome game btw!
AwkwardHugz
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: ATZ evolution first timer questions

Postby THW » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:33 am

AwkwardHugz wrote:I'm guessing a lot of the answers are: do what feels right, I'm just curious if there's a 'default'.

Here goes.

What do you start with for the first 30 days recommended encounters? One food that you immediately use, anything else? Just the food .
How do you decide what enemies do on their active turn? Whatever's thematic?I follow the Action Table. Have a gun, shoot. Melee wqepon or no gun, charge, Deck Back, Recover. Leave the Fight is saved for being forced by the Will to Fight Table.
Friend or foe check seems to be different in two sections. Page 68 (player score higher or lower) vs page 19-20 (either side double the other). Yeah, that's a snafu. I'd go with the double.
For the first 30 days, under special instructions: why does it state if you have a gun (p-1 or bap-2) remember the police/military are in play? If you interact with either of them and pass fewer d6, they order you to surrender your weapons. If you don't then they have a Confrontation.
When do you begin making zombie checks for gunfire? At the very start of the campaign? Corrwect. The game starts with zombies out there, maybe you haven;t met them yet, but gunfire will attract them. Hope this helps and thanks!

Awesome game btw!
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to All Things Zombie and More