Zombie star

ATZ, ATH, or anything else you're using in a Horror or Post Apocalyptic setting

Zombie star

Postby Headstrong » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:22 pm

So I've been play atz a little while now but I want something different now. To anyone who has tales of dread....... what's playing a zombie star like?
Headstrong
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Zombie star

Postby shon maxx » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 pm

I'd post links to my blog, but Photobucket removed the pics, so I'll try and answer the questions the best I can until I can run some more AAR's.

TOD gives you several options for running Zed Stars. You can either play the scenarios in the book (Each scenario includes rules and background info for the zombies). You can also play the encounters in FFO; TOD includes rules for flipping the script on these. In addition, you can control either normal zombies or Special Zeds which are more powerful.

As for how they play out, the encounters in FFO play out in various manners. The scenarios in TOD however can be extremely easy, especially if you're playing as a Special Zed. For example, when playing the Bloody Big Top scenario, I won every single time as the zeds. Even when I only controlled Giggles, the zombie clown, I still massacred the humans. Granted you can make things challenging by adding more humans or giving them bigger guns, but that's up to you. I didn't want to create a constant balance for Zed Stars as I figured some people may just want to control zombies for kicks or to blow off steam.

Finally, although rules for improving your zed star exist, those campaigns may not last long, as zeds don't normally interact with others as humans do. You can still play out a campaign, but your zed will probably be just eating a lot of humans.

Mostly I created the option because I love playing as the monster sometimes.

Hope that helps.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby Headstrong » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:26 pm

So as a star zombie you don't guide/command the lesser zombies around? See I was hoping to kill off one of my gangers rise them as a star and play an offshoot campaign as a zombie star seeking out humans and building an army of zombies to wipe out a large settlement that my campaigns based around.
Headstrong
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby shon maxx » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Yes you can control normal zeds as well, a number up to your Rep. So if you're Rep 5, you can control 5 other zeds. Also, if your zed dies, you can take over another zed too.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby Headstrong » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Sounds good I might have to tweak the rules to fit my needs but it sound like something I'm after thank you
Headstrong
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby shon maxx » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:37 am

No problem. The rules are easy to tweak to fit your game.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby THW » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Smarties.pdf
(382.05 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Give this a try. Let them have Star Power as well and can move 1 zed per point of Rep if they are within 6". So a Rep 5 Smartie could move 5 additional zombies in a group.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Horror / Post Apoc