Lovecraft Revenge rules questions

ATZ, ATH, or anything else you're using in a Horror or Post Apocalyptic setting

Re: Lovecraft Revenge rules questions

Postby Deathworks » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Hello!

Personally, considering the general tone of Lovecraft's writing, I would think that the character would gain insights into things man was not meant to know. As a result, characters are often driven to madness.

Looking at the game's mechanisms, I would suggest using insanity points to simulate this. I don't have much of a feel for insanity points, so no suggestions on how many, but adding an increasing amount of insanity points in each following 0d6 Talk the Talk with that creature seems like a good approach to me.

Yours,
Deathworks
Deathworks
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby Tekawiz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Since I haven't read Lovecraft, I'm not familiar with the tone of the stories. The dream sequence seem like an opportunity to bring in a completely new twist since characters are already racking up insanity points elsewhere in the game.

In my latest scene, my investigators visited a haunted church. A couple NPCs joined the group including a dog. They ran into 5 spiritualists haunting the church. 5 corrupt detectives guarding the object. In the end, I found the clue and object which was the Gazette. No Big Bad yet. One NPC went insane. Darkness Level is going to be 8 for the next scene.

The day parts really influence who you meet. I'm going to alternate day parts between Advance the Story Scenes.

The dog is a good NPC to have.

Seems like the Darkness Level can go really high. Do you roll for Darkness Level at the beginning of each Travel Scene too or only the beginning of each Advance the Story Scenes?
Tekawiz
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby BLACKSTAR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Tekawiz wrote:Since I haven't read Lovecraft, I'm not familiar with the tone of the stories.

Here's a free source on the works of Lovecraft. Save you some $$$ ;)

http://www.lovecraft-stories.com/
BLACKSTAR
Two Hour Warmonger

my blog-

STARBASE ARES
BLACKSTAR
Rep 4
Rep 4

Previous

Return to Horror / Post Apoc