Questions on melee

All about the 2d6 Sword & Sorcery game.

Questions on melee

Postby stryderg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Always being one to try and break the rules, I decided to start a game as a Rep 5 Caster (Olleh the Taupe) and play without a band of followers. The premise is that Olleh is looking for magical stuff in the region and will need a band, so he goes through town recruiting.

Rolls for 4 PEFs:
PEF 1 = nothing, heard there were adventurers here, must have just missed them.
PEF 2= 1 elf. Rolling for Friend/Foe, Olleh scores more than double the elf's roll. Can my star choose to walk away instead of fight since he scored more?
PEF 3 = 1 dwarf, Passed same on Interaction table and we both walked away (he was obviously drunk and didn't want to join).
PEF 4 = 3 skeletons. Great, go to fighting.
Skeletons pass more, so we go down the list: No casters, no shooters, so they charge. Olleh cannot cast at this time, correct?
I figured he wasn't paying attention, it's been a long day, and he got ambushed.
Here's where I got lost:
Rolls are made, Olleh passed 2
skeleton 1 passed 0, OD
skeleton 2 passed 2, same
skeleton 3 passed 1, 1 less

Which, if any of these is the next step:
A. Olleh has dealt with skeleton 1, so fights skeleton 2 until either wins, then moves on to skeleton 3?
B. Olleh loses -1 Rep because of skeleton 2 and move on to skeleton 3 with his reduced REP?
C. Olleh loses -1 Rep because of skeleton 2 and move on to skeleton 3, losing another -1 REP, round 1 is over, take the Will to Fight and move on?
Diplomacy is the weapon of the civilized warrior.
-- A. T. Hun (Robert Aspirin)
stryderg
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Questions on melee

Postby THW » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm

stryderg wrote:Always being one to try and break the rules, I decided to start a game as a Rep 5 Caster (Olleh the Taupe) and play without a band of followers. The premise is that Olleh is looking for magical stuff in the region and will need a band, so he goes through town recruiting.

Rolls for 4 PEFs:
PEF 1 = nothing, heard there were adventurers here, must have just missed them.
PEF 2= 1 elf. Rolling for Friend/Foe, Olleh scores more than double the elf's roll. Can my star choose to walk away instead of fight since he scored more?
PEF 3 = 1 dwarf, Passed same on Interaction table and we both walked away (he was obviously drunk and didn't want to join).
PEF 4 = 3 skeletons. Great, go to fighting.
Skeletons pass more, so we go down the list: No casters, no shooters, so they charge. Olleh cannot cast at this time, correct?
I figured he wasn't paying attention, it's been a long day, and he got ambushed.
Here's where I got lost:
Rolls are made, Olleh passed 2
skeleton 1 passed 0, OD
skeleton 2 passed 2, same
skeleton 3 passed 1, 1 less

Which, if any of these is the next step:
A. Olleh has dealt with skeleton 1, so fights skeleton 2 until either wins, then moves on to skeleton 3?
B. Olleh loses -1 Rep because of skeleton 2 and move on to skeleton 3 with his reduced REP?
C. Olleh loses -1 Rep because of skeleton 2 and move on to skeleton 3, losing another -1 REP, round 1 is over, take the Will to Fight and move on?

Which rules? Swordplay 2018? If so...
All resolved at same time.
So next round of melee is immediately fought with Olleh Rep 3 and both Skeletons at Rep 2. Will to Fight takes place after all melees are resolved , no break in melees, all have to have a winner.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby stryderg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Yes, Swordplay 2018.

So Option C. Cool, thanks. I'll try to recreate where I was and move on. If he survives, maybe he'll get to do some more recruiting tomorrow.
Thanks, Ed.
Diplomacy is the weapon of the civilized warrior.
-- A. T. Hun (Robert Aspirin)
stryderg
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Star Power coming up!
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to 2d6 Sword & Sorcery