Combat System Index?

Answers to questions on other rules.

Combat System Index?

Postby Erskinew2 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 pm

All,

Is there an index or quick way to determine which games use which combat system and the battle board? For example, Captain Nemo and Lovecraft's Revenge use 2D6 and the battle board while 5150 Urban Renewal and New Hope City PI use CR and the battle board. What about 2 Hour Dungeon Crawl and the other games, any quick way to filter on Combat System?

Thanks

Erskine
Erskinew2
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Combat System Index?

Postby THW » Wed May 02, 2018 11:12 pm

Erskinew2 wrote:All,

Is there an index or quick way to determine which games use which combat system and the battle board? For example, Captain Nemo and Lovecraft's Revenge use 2D6 and the battle board while 5150 Urban Renewal and New Hope City PI use CR and the battle board. What about 2 Hour Dungeon Crawl and the other games, any quick way to filter on Combat System?

Thanks

Erskine

The more recent ones do the 2d6 stuff. Kind of a blanket statement so just ask away for the correct answer. Which system do you prefer? The other alternative is just pull the system from one set of rules and use them in another.
I do this for a living so you'll usually get an answer within 24 hours.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Erskinew2 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:26 am

So far, I prefer 2d6 and the battle board. Looking to add games from various genre to my collection (fantasy, adventure, post apocalyptic, and modern war). I'll give NHC PI a whirl wiht 2D6 rules. Any recommendations?

Playing different genre with a base ruleset is awesome!

Thanks,

Erskine
Erskinew2
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 pm

For Fantasy - I'd go with the upcoming Talomir Tales. It's the base set of sword and sorcery rules. Each scenario book will have the basic rules, info on how to create your own adventures and sixteen pre-generated scenarios as well.

Will be doing the same with 5150: New Hope City Limits
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Everything Else