Question about spending/burning PEFs

OFFICIAL THW Q&A. This is the ONLY forum that will regularly get official answers from Ed himself on rules questions. Please include the ruleset being discussed in the subject heading when posting a new question. Common issues such as In Sight, and order of reactions, will be stickied as they come up for easy reference.

Question about spending/burning PEFs

Postby Wardog1207 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:11 pm

I've been playing THW games for several years now and, to my understanding, a PEF has always been a Possible Enemy Force. To add the element of uncertainty to the game. How then am I able to "spend" PEFs to generate job offers etc., determine how many PEFs may be in a given building, or how many I choose to resolve on a given encounter?
Wardog1207
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Question about spending/burning PEFs

Postby THW » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:48 pm

Wardog1207 wrote:I've been playing THW games for several years now and, to my understanding, a PEF has always been a Possible Enemy Force. To add the element of uncertainty to the game. How then am I able to "spend" PEFs to generate job offers etc., determine how many PEFs may be in a given building, or how many I choose to resolve on a given encounter?

Like before, PEFs can also be good things such as NPCs that can be recruited or give you Increasing Rep d6.
Instead of tracking gold pieces or money to advance the Character, like I used to, I use Increasing Rep d6.
So when looking for a Job, you're giving away the chance of making Increasing Rep d6 by interacting with NPCs. It also limits the number of Job Offers you can look for.

One less mechanic to book keep, allowing you to focus on game play. Hope I explained the rationale.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Question about spending/burning PEFs

Postby Wardog1207 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:54 pm

That makes sense. Thanks Ed.
Wardog1207
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Ed Sez