Duck Back and Prone

OFFICIAL THW Q&A. This is the ONLY forum that will regularly get official answers from Ed himself on rules questions. Please include the ruleset being discussed in the subject heading when posting a new question. Common issues such as In Sight, and order of reactions, will be stickied as they come up for easy reference.

Duck Back and Prone

Postby shon maxx » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:18 pm

In a number of THW titles, like CR, LTL, FT, and I believe Nuts, scoring a hit when shooting at someone and a Duck Back result means the opponent moves behind cover. Then on the next turn, if I’ve read the rules correctly, if the attacker moves within view, a new In Sight is triggered. In addition, if no cover is nearby, the opponent goes prone.

This brings about two questions.

1. What happens on the next turn? Unless he’s staring at the ground, my opponent will know I’m close by with my gun ready. And unless I’m face-palming at his actions, I know exactly where my opponent is. Do we skip IS and go right to another round of conbat?

2. What happens then if I score another hit and Duck Back result on the prone opponent? Do I treat it as an OOF, subtract 1 from his Rep, or something else?

Thanks!
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Re: Duck Back and Prone

Postby Mehman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 pm

I also have been wondering this.
Mehman
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:29 pm

shon maxx wrote:In a number of THW titles, like CR, LTL, FT, and I believe Nuts, scoring a hit when shooting at someone and a Duck Back result means the opponent moves behind cover. Then on the next turn, if I’ve read the rules correctly, if the attacker moves within view, a new In Sight is triggered. In addition, if no cover is nearby, the opponent goes prone.

This brings about two questions. Here goes.

1. What happens on the next turn? Unless he’s staring at the ground, my opponent will know I’m close by with my gun ready. And unless I’m face-palming at his actions, I know exactly where my opponent is. Do we skip IS and go right to another round of conbat? As you're not out of sight the active player fires. This could be you, the porone guy, or the enemy.

2. What happens then if I score another hit and Duck Back result on the prone opponent?

Do I treat it as an OOF, subtract 1 from his Rep, or something else? Nope, he moves to cover within 6". if none, he remains prone on place.

Thanks!
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:02 pm

So if they’re prone and you score a hit, just treat as duck back as no effect if they can’t duck anywhere? Okay, thanks!
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby THW » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 am

shon maxx wrote:So if they’re prone and you score a hit, just treat as duck back as no effect if they can’t duck anywhere? Okay, thanks!

Right and the big thing is it stops them from immediately firing back.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:17 am

Good point, thanks.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Ed Sez