ATZ/FFO Questions: Rate of fire, Police Arrival/Arrests

OFFICIAL THW Q&A. This is the ONLY forum that will regularly get official answers from Ed himself on rules questions. Please include the ruleset being discussed in the subject heading when posting a new question. Common issues such as In Sight, and order of reactions, will be stickied as they come up for easy reference.

ATZ/FFO Questions: Rate of fire, Police Arrival/Arrests

Postby Wardog1207 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello again. Well the big campaign is underway - finally. Just completed Hospital 911. Starting on the outbreak stage [ATZ:FFO and Haven running concurrently].
So a few quick questions:
1) My Star activates, fires, moves. Zed activates, moves toward friendly civilian NPCs. Can Star fire again in reaction? How many times in a given turn can a figure fire?
2) Police Arrival: How do police arrive during the first weeks of the outbreak? Do they enter from a random board edge? How do they move once they are on the board?
3) Arrests: How are arrests played out? Unless I am mistaken the table FFO only shows two options when it comes to Police- I surrender my weapons and the police let me go on my way, or I resist and we walk the walk. Walking the walk, I assume means go to guns. But it also says I can be arrested. How are arrests carried out?
Wardog1207
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: ATZ/FFO Questions: Rate of fire, Police Arrival/Arrests

Postby THW » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Wardog1207 wrote:Hello again. Well the big campaign is underway - finally. Just completed Hospital 911. Starting on the outbreak stage [ATZ:FFO and Haven running concurrently]. Here goes.
So a few quick questions:
1) My Star activates, fires, moves. Zed activates, moves toward friendly civilian NPCs. Can Star fire again in reaction? Can fire in reaction each time he's charged by one or more zeds. How many times in a given turn can a figure fire? Ince when active and as many times as called upon in reaction until he runs out of ammo.
2) Police Arrival: How do police arrive during the first weeks of the outbreak? Page 62 has the details. Add a third d6 for their activation. Do they enter from a random board edge? They are placed within LOS of the other characters and a Meet & Greet test is taken (page 63 - Police) . How do they move once they are on the board? They start next to the other guys and a Meet and Greet is taken. After it is resolved they would leave the table. [color=#FF0000][/color]
3) Arrests: How are arrests played out? Unless I am mistaken the table FFO only shows two options when it comes to Police- I surrender my weapons and the police let me go on my way, or I resist and we walk the walk. Walking the walk, I assume means go to guns. But it also says I can be arrested. How are arrests carried out? Not surrendering weapons, shot someone, resisting, etc. Just like real life.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Wardog1207 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:59 pm

?
THW wrote:Can fire in reaction each time he's charged by one or more zeds.

So, to clarify: My Star fires and moves. the Zeds activate and move. I can only shoot again in reaction if they charge me. I cannot shoot in reaction if they charge another friendly or neutral group of civilians. I would have to be active in order to do that. Correct?

?
THW wrote:Not surrendering weapons, shot someone, resisting, etc. Just like real life.

I understand why an arrest would be carried out. What I meant was, how is it done in the game? My Star is not going to shoot a police officer to avoid arrest (Walk the walk/Go to In sight). But, under the right circumstances, he might resist or try to escape. Does one side or the other take a challenge test? Do they melee? Can my Star try to run?

Also, say I shoot a zed. Two turns later, the police show up. By that time I have moved away from the dead zed to another part of the table. Are police placed in LOS of my character or the zed? In other words, arriving two turns after the shots were fired, how would the police necessarily know who fired them?
Wardog1207
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Wardog1207 wrote:?
THW wrote:Can fire in reaction each time he's charged by one or more zeds.

So, to clarify: My Star fires and moves. the Zeds activate and move. I can only shoot again in reaction if they charge me. I cannot shoot in reaction if they charge another friendly or neutral group of civilians. I would have to be active in order to do that. Correct? Correct.

?
THW wrote:Not surrendering weapons, shot someone, resisting, etc. Just like real life.

I understand why an arrest would be carried out. What I meant was, how is it done in the game? My Star is not going to shoot a police officer to avoid arrest (Walk the walk/Go to In sight). But, under the right circumstances, he might resist or try to escape. Does one side or the other take a challenge test? Do they melee? Can my Star try to run? He can voluntarily surrender. Any other result means an In Sight test, if he loses the cops will shoot if you have a weapon displayed or melee if you don't. If you win the In Sight, run for it, shoot, etc.Carry it out normally.

Also, say I shoot a zed. Two turns later, the police show up. By that time I have moved away from the dead zed to another part of the table. Are police placed in LOS of my character or the zed? In other words, arriving two turns after the shots were fired, how would the police necessarily know who fired them? If they saw only zeds they would just leave. If they see a dead human then place them there. if they see you from there then they will go after you to question you. Best way to do it? Try a Challenge to see if they find you. Pass 2d6 they showed up but left. Pass 0d6 they showed up and are placed where you are and go from there.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Wardog1207 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:48 pm

I like it! Thank you Sir. This is a big help.
Wardog1207
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Ed Sez