Rifles & Rebels: Artillery Reload Question

OFFICIAL THW Q&A. This is the ONLY forum that will regularly get official answers from Ed himself on rules questions. Please include the ruleset being discussed in the subject heading when posting a new question. Common issues such as In Sight, and order of reactions, will be stickied as they come up for easy reference.

Rifles & Rebels: Artillery Reload Question

Postby goplayer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi
Page 15 of R&R lists the requirements to reload artillery. I have two questions:

1. Bullet 3: "Roll 1d6 versus the number of crew available to load the gun". Please clarify. Do I need to roll a number equal to or lower than the number of crew? Or do I roll 1d6 for each crew manning the gun and must pass (one die) based the rep of the gun to remove one marker?

2. Bullet 4: "If there is not at least one gunner crew member involved subtract one from the result". Please clarify. If no crew are involved how does this mechanism work? How many dice do I roll and what is meant by "result"? Unclear how a gun can reload with no crew.

Thank you
goplayer
Rep 3
Rep 3

Re: Rifles & Rebels: Artillery Reload Question

Postby THW » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 am

goplayer wrote:Hi
Page 15 of R&R lists the requirements to reload artillery. I have two questions:

Here goes.

1. Bullet 3: "Roll 1d6 versus the number of crew available to load the gun". Please clarify. Do I need to roll a number equal to or lower than the number of crew? Correct. Or do I roll 1d6 for each crew manning the gun and must pass (one die) based the rep of the gun to remove one marker? Nope, number of crew.

2. Bullet 4: "If there is not at least one gunner crew member involved subtract one from the result". Please clarify. If no crew are involved how does this mechanism work? How many dice do I roll and what is meant by "result"? Unclear how a gun can reload with no crew. That is an error. Sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps.

Thank you
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Return to Ed Sez