Two Hour Wargames Sold?! Update - Here's what's going on.

News about THW products for LnL Publishing. Board games with the miniatures player in mind.

Two Hour Wargames Sold?! Update - Here's what's going on.

Postby THW » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm

This is to clarify what had been hinted at. Here are the press releases.

http://clubfantasci.com/lnl-publishing/

http://grogheads.com/?p=6330A

Now here's what's going on in more detail.
LnL has contracted with THW to take all the current games, and future titles, and turn them into board games. They will have maps, counters, etc. as a board game normally would have.
They could also produce them as Print and Play games.
Computer games are also an option.
In addition, they would publish the miniatures rules as well.

This does not change what's happening now. Rules will still be available on the THW site, until they are published by LnL. When that happens they will go through the THW portion of the LnL web. LnL will produce and fulfill the orders.

As there are currently lots of games, this will take a long time. During that time I will still release games as usual.
The new owner of LnL has guaranteed that while they will publish the games they will NOT change the games in any other way.

This will allow for higher production quality and distribution in new markets - board games and computer games.

So as a current THW customer, things will not be changing as all new games will go through THW first. Hope this makes sense.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: Two Hour Wargames Sold?! Update - Here's what's going on

Postby KW91 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 pm

That sounds really cool, Ed!

I had read the clubfantasci entry that was linked from LNL Publishing's facebook page. I had wondered the other day if you were meeting with them over the weekend.

In any case, I believe this is good news. I have the original ATZ boardgame version and I do like it. It's much more portable than minis and terrain (plus no painting - I'm a gamer first and painter last). The minis version has better rules, but a combination of the two would be fantastic/

Good luck with this endeavor!
KW91
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby TXWargamer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Very exciting Ed! I look forward to Boardgame versions. I'll start saving now.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby Biddo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:05 pm

THW wrote:The new owner of LnL has guaranteed that while they will publish the games they will NOT change the games in any other way. I have final say so on all games, unlike the ATZ board game by the previous owner.

Thats awesome Ed! This all sounds very cool :D
Biddo
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:06 pm

KW91 wrote:That sounds really cool, Ed!

I had read the clubfantasci entry that was linked from LNL Publishing's facebook page. I had wondered the other day if you were meeting with them over the weekend.

In any case, I believe this is good news. I have the original ATZ boardgame version and I do like it. It's much more portable than minis and terrain (plus no painting - I'm a gamer first and painter last). The minis version has better rules, but a combination of the two would be fantastic/

Good luck with this endeavor!

Yep, we played using the board game components and those that gamed the original were surprised at what was missing, yet with no added difficulty with the new one.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Redmao » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:02 am

THW wrote:So as a current THW customer, things will not be changing as all new games will go through THW first.

That's awesome news.
I really like things how working now, but I'm also very pleased to see things grow for THW.
Redmao
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby THW » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:14 am

hy 003.JPG
(1.1 MiB) Not downloaded yet

hy 001.JPG
(1.08 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Here's some pics I took of the mock up of our first collaboration - Heroes of the Colosseum.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby postal124 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:47 am

"Rules will still be available on the THW site, until they are published by LnL. When that happens they will go through the THW portion of the LnL web. LnL will produce and fulfill the orders."

Will we still get the PDF with printed orders?

Ed I am glad to see good things happening for you, you deserve it. Your level of commitment to your games and to the customers you serve is beyond compare.
postal124
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:07 am

postal124 wrote:"Rules will still be available on the THW site, until they are published by LnL. When that happens they will go through the THW portion of the LnL web. LnL will produce and fulfill the orders."

Even better. He has a system where the PDF is included plus living rules where any updates are automatically updated and the customers notified that they can download it from the LnL site.

Ed I am glad to see good things happening for you, you deserve it. Your level of commitment to your games and to the customers you serve is beyond compare.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby postal124 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:46 am

THW wrote:
postal124 wrote:
Even better. He has a system where the PDF is included plus living rules where any updates are automatically updated and the customers notified that they can download it from the LnL site.

That is awesome news! Thanks.
postal124
Rep 4
Rep 4

Next

Return to LnL Publishing THW News