Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Player aids from THW. Not rule changes, just alternatives.

Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby THW » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:09 pm

You want this!

THW has lots of RPG Lite games. Larger Than Life – Director’s Cut, Legends of Araby, 5150 Urban Renewal, Lovecraft’s Revenge, the list seems to go on forever. All use Interaction and Challenge rules (sadly underutilized) and all are similar with slight differences. What I wanted to do was create “one table to rule them all and” …okay, actually one table that can be used for any and all THW games. And here it is – the Universal Interaction and Challenge Table (UIC).

Universal Interaction and Challenge.pdf
(414.2 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
User avatar
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 am
Location: New Braunfels TX

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby Redmao » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks!
This is pretty cool and I like how even a simple night on the town might turn into a back alley ambush.
User avatar
Redmao
Rep 5
Rep 5
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby shon maxx » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Pretty cool, thanks! You could use the same rule for Tools as you would for Gifts. +1 on challenge but gain 1 decreasing d6. Also what's the difference between Increasing d6 and Character Points?
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby THW » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm

shon maxx wrote:Pretty cool, thanks! You could use the same rule for Tools as you would for Gifts. +1 on challenge but gain 1 decreasing d6. Also what's the difference between Increasing d6 and Character Points?



Fortunes Won and Lost tracks how well you do for Retirement using Fame and Fortune while the upcoming NUTS Compendium uses Character Points that you can use to gain Attributes.
User avatar
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 am
Location: New Braunfels TX

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby shon maxx » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Cool. I can already think of ways to expand on this for my games, such as rolling 1d6 for Difficulty. 1= Easy. 6= Difficult. For Interactions, 1=Friendly. 6=Hostile. If you pass 0d6 versus a Hostile, it's a Confrontation.
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby TXWargamer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:48 am

Very cool.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby THW » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:42 am

shon maxx wrote:Cool. I can already think of ways to expand on this for my games, such as rolling 1d6 for Difficulty. 1= Easy. 6= Difficult. For Interactions, 1=Friendly. 6=Hostile. If you pass 0d6 versus a Hostile, it's a Confrontation.



I'll stay with deciding and agreeing about the difficulty myself as you could get an odd result. But it's a tool to be used so head on.
User avatar
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 am
Location: New Braunfels TX

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby Mehman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks, Ed!
User avatar
Mehman
Rep 4
Rep 4
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:33 pm
Location: East Texas, USA

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby shon maxx » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 pm

THW wrote:
shon maxx wrote:Cool. I can already think of ways to expand on this for my games, such as rolling 1d6 for Difficulty. 1= Easy. 6= Difficult. For Interactions, 1=Friendly. 6=Hostile. If you pass 0d6 versus a Hostile, it's a Confrontation.



I'll stay with deciding and agreeing about the difficulty myself as you could get an odd result. But it's a tool to be used so head on.


True, I was thinking more for my own games. Quick question. When do you roll your Increasing or Decreasing d6? I figured most of the time you'd just use what rules your base game state, but what if you're playing free-form, performing one challenge after another? Would you roll when you yot a number of d6 equal to your Rep, even if there's no Confrontation?
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Check it out - Universal Interaction & Challenge Table

Postby THW » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:54 pm

shon maxx wrote:
THW wrote:
shon maxx wrote:Cool. I can already think of ways to expand on this for my games, such as rolling 1d6 for Difficulty. 1= Easy. 6= Difficult. For Interactions, 1=Friendly. 6=Hostile. If you pass 0d6 versus a Hostile, it's a Confrontation.



I'll stay with deciding and agreeing about the difficulty myself as you could get an odd result. But it's a tool to be used so head on.


True, I was thinking more for my own games. Quick question. When do you roll your Increasing or Decreasing d6? I figured most of the time you'd just use what rules your base game state, but what if you're playing free-form, performing one challenge after another? Would you roll when you yot a number of d6 equal to your Rep, even if there's no Confrontation?


At the end of the Encounter or Mission.
User avatar
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 am
Location: New Braunfels TX

Next

Return to Ministry of Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest