2 Hour Dungeon Crawl - Step by Step Videos

Player aids from THW. Not rule changes, just alternatives.

2 Hour Dungeon Crawl - Step by Step Videos

Postby THW » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 pm

2HDungeonCrawl_front.jpg
(101.38 KiB) Downloaded 2176 times

Check if out. First in a series of videos from James Smyth. Thank you James!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUOCRkzPB8w&feature=youtu.be
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Re: 2 Hour Dungeon Crawl - Step by Step Videos

Postby TeknoMerk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Nicely done, Ed. I am looking forward to the other videos in the 2HDC series.
<> TeknoMerk <>

Creator of Savage Apocalypse
Savagepedia contributor
TeknoMerk
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:29 pm

TeknoMerk wrote:Nicely done, Ed. I am looking forward to the other videos in the 2HDC series.

Georgetown? Are you making it to Millennium Con this weekend? I'll be there.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby bluenoser042000 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:11 am

Ed, you seemed to spend a lot of time trying to justify another D&D game. You know very well that the same
could be said for all of THW's rules sets. I've been gaming since 1970, when I met a fellow student in one of
my university classes who brought along all the old Avalon Hill board games. I presume I'm not the only one
who remembers them!!! Over the years most of the people I gamed with have moved on, lost interest due
career and family commitments, or, sadly, died. Now I'm pretty much a solo gamer.

ENTER THW!!! About 10 or so years ago, I was looking for a set of French/Indians War rules. Enter
Mayhem Muskets & Mohawks! That led me to the whole Mayhem series, Nuts #1, the original Sci-fi, rules,
etc. Well the story has been a steady progression uphill ever since. Mayhem Muskets etc., really wasn't what I wanted,
I was looking for a unit-based game. OKAY, OKAY! You then produced Muskets and Mohawks. Great.

The bottom line is the who range of THW games gives me just what I'm looking for. You hang each game on a
quickly digested set of core rules concepts, which readily transfer to a whole raft of periods. Plus each seperate
set has a whole bunch of candy so that you make any period set unique to your wishes. I always pay for the
PDF version. The money I save on shipping goes to buying binders and more cartridges.

In closing, please Ed don't release so many great rules sets in as short a time again, as you've done with
this latest batch. My printer definitely needs a rest, and my head is still spinning from all this abundance!!
bluenoser042000
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby ZorroGames » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:47 am

bluenoser042000 wrote:<snip>

The bottom line is the who range of THW games gives me just what I'm looking for. You hang each game on a
quickly digested set of core rules concepts, which readily transfer to a whole raft of periods. Plus each seperate
set has a whole bunch of candy so that you make any period set unique to your wishes. I always pay for the
PDF version. The money I save on shipping goes to buying binders and more cartridges.

In closing, please Ed don't release so many great rules sets in as short a time again, as you've done with
this latest batch. My printer definitely needs a rest, and my head is still spinning from all this abundance!!

Even though I never will "... get them all!" [to paraphrase my favorite youngest daughter's Pokeman phase, which unlike Teen Titans, she got over eventually,] I say keep up the quality and I don't care if you slow down.

I have almost something for every genre/historical era miniatures gaming I have cut down to these last few years. :geek: Mainly missing Supers 8-) {I hear, "Teen Titans, GO!" :roll: bouncing around in my head... sigh,} and something SFRP oriented :? [maybe NHC in 2015 will fill that niche,] and 1914 through 1973 Aerial Warfare (my personal biggest gap.) :ugeek: I have thought a lot about expanding into a restricted group of post ACW naval war gaming possibilities since I have a few 1:6K ships.

Edit: Please allow, as often as possible, the option for hardcopy, been a programmer, use computers everyday at home and work, and I just don't trust the suckers! :shock: And we won't have them in the Post-APOC era anyway! :lol:
Gracias,

Glenn

Avatar from Desert Documentary by Kieran McCarty - Soldado de Cuera illustration
http://www.library.arizona.edu
Kindly edited by Biddo
SOLDADO DE CUERA
Illustrated by
José Cisneros, El Paso
ZorroGames
Rep 6
Rep 6

Postby THW » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:32 pm

bluenoser042000 wrote:Ed, you seemed to spend a lot of time trying to justify another D&D game. You know very well that the same
could be said for all of THW's rules sets. I've been gaming since 1970, when I met a fellow student in one of
my university classes who brought along all the old Avalon Hill board games. I presume I'm not the only one
who remembers them!!! Over the years most of the people I gamed with have moved on, lost interest due
career and family commitments, or, sadly, died. Now I'm pretty much a solo gamer.

ENTER THW!!! About 10 or so years ago, I was looking for a set of French/Indians War rules. Enter
Mayhem Muskets & Mohawks! That led me to the whole Mayhem series, Nuts #1, the original Sci-fi, rules,
etc. Well the story has been a steady progression uphill ever since. Mayhem Muskets etc., really wasn't what I wanted,
I was looking for a unit-based game. OKAY, OKAY! You then produced Muskets and Mohawks. Great.

Thanks for the compliments. As for releasing, there's a batch of good books that keep coming in from other authors so it sped up but it will slow down again.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby THW » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:33 pm

ZorroGames wrote:

Edit: Please allow, as often as possible, the option for hardcopy, been a programmer, use computers everyday at home and work, and I just don't trust the suckers! :shock: And we won't have them in the Post-APOC era anyway! :lol:

Printed copies will remain available until sales of the title slow to a trickle and no longer warrant them. Usually these are supplements.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby TeknoMerk » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:34 pm

THW wrote:
TeknoMerk wrote:Nicely done, Ed. I am looking forward to the other videos in the 2HDC series.

Thank you, Ed, for asking. Even though I am close, I will not be able to attend Millennium Con.

Besides, you do not want me to destroy the ATZ rescue chopper again by driving the APC through it as I did several years ago... ;-) And we survived that too!
<> TeknoMerk <>

Creator of Savage Apocalypse
Savagepedia contributor
TeknoMerk
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:58 pm

TeknoMerk wrote:
THW wrote:

Thank you, Ed, for asking. Even though I am close, I will not be able to attend Millennium Con.

Besides, you do not want me to destroy the ATZ rescue chopper again by driving the APC through it as I did several years ago... ;-) And we survived that too!

That was so epic!
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby shon maxx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:05 pm

TeknoMerk wrote:
THW wrote:

Sounds like quite a game. Too bad i'm probably too far from most gamers here (N FL).

ZorroGames wrote:
:geek: Mainly missing Supers

Waiting for that one as well. Not only is it a brand new genre for THW, but the supplement possibilities are nearly endless!
shon maxx
Rep 6
Rep 6

Return to Ministry of Information