In Sight Step-By Step

Player aids from THW. Not rule changes, just alternatives.

Re: In Sight Step-By Step

Postby THW » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:04 pm

thatroubleshootah wrote:In the melee section rules it looks like the smaller group is always going to win melee all other things being equal. Nope.In other words if you have 10 characters charging 2 characters in melee and all of their stats are the same the 10 characters will be rolling eight more dice than the 2 characters would. Correct and theyt score a hit on each 1,2 or 3 they roll.

2 guys - Rep 4 - 4d6 + 2d6 = 6d6 = Average 3 successes.

10 guys - Rep 4 4d6+ 10d6 = 14 d6. - Average 7 successes.

7 - 3 = 4 so the 2 guys are dead.

and would have a much greater chance to roll failures and this to fail the melee check it looks like statistically a smaller group is always going to win melee if all of their other stats are the same. do I have this right because it doesn't seem like it make sense. You missed the melee fight as outlined above.

Also is there a list of melee weapons somewhere? On the Melee Table page 28 - 1 hand weapons +1d6, 2 hand weapons +2d6.

Hope this helps.

thank you in advance for answering my questions
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby thatroubleshootah » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:39 am

Sorry, I figured out the answer to my longer question and realised my shorter question was unrecoverable.

I meant to ask

In the section melee combat. It says to roll 2d6 vs. The rep of the group. Is this the rep of the groups leader?

thatroubleshootah
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby thatroubleshootah » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 am

I really appreciate your assistance as I try to parse these rules.

I have another question. In one section it asks me to choose whether the planet is controlled or contested. Isn't it both? One side controlling and one side contesting?
thatroubleshootah
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:25 am

thatroubleshootah wrote:Sorry, I figured out the answer to my longer question and realised my shorter question was unrecoverable.

I meant to ask

In the section melee combat. It says to roll 2d6 vs. The rep of the group. Is this the rep of the groups leader?

If you're talking about the first step of melee, it's the Rep of the average Rep of the group.

THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby THW » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:26 am

thatroubleshootah wrote:I really appreciate your assistance as I try to parse these rules.

I have another question. In one section it asks me to choose whether the planet is controlled or contested. Isn't it both? One side controlling and one side contesting?

It's from your point of view. Are you controlling (defending) the planet or contesting (Atrtacking).
Hope this helps.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby thatroubleshootah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:16 am

Hi again.

In the received for test do I ignore the duck back result if I am retrieving wounded? How are the two related of not?

Thanks
thatroubleshootah
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby thatroubleshootah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Also does every force always have a medic? If I am playing one squad v s. One squad do we both have medics? Ate they both with each squad from the beginning?
thatroubleshootah
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby Ludanto » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:37 pm

thatroubleshootah wrote:Also does every force always have a medic? If I am playing one squad v s. One squad do we both have medics? Ate they both with each squad from the beginning?

Ooh!

5150: Star Army, p29 "Medics - Who Has Them?"

1 squad vs. 1 squad, there's a 1/3 chance (for GP) or 1/6 chance (for Rebel, FC and Hishen) for each that the squad has a medic with them on the table.

3 GP squads will always have 1 medic. 6 Rebel, FC or Hishen squads will always have 1 medic.
Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon.
Ludanto
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby THW » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm

thatroubleshootah wrote:Hi again.

In the received for test do I ignore the duck back result if I am retrieving wounded? How are the two related of not?

Thanks

PDF, SA, ISS, and Symons will try and retrieve wounded - when score a Duck Back result.

Grath, Hishen and Bugs do not.

So if you score a Duck Back result, retrieve wounded, you go to the wounded first, then use the remaining movement to Duck Back. Duck Back says move to closest cover within 6", it does not say how to do it. The example on page 28 shows an example of how it's done.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby thatroubleshootah » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi there. Me again.
If your score is higher than the result your side successfully conducted aerial reconnaissance. 

Which is the score and which. is the result?
thatroubleshootah
Rep 3
Rep 3

PreviousNext

Return to Ministry of Information