Final Four Games - Then What?

Rough idea on whats up and coming and a basic time frame. Subject to change.

Re: Final Four Games - Then What?

Postby sposobi » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but has there been any interest in any Great War games? Either as stand-alone, or based off of the Nuts! series or possibly the Morale Napoleon game? Given it is the centennial of the First World War, there may be some interest. There is certainly scope for everything from recon patrols in the Race to the Sea phase, to trench raiding, to Zeppelin raids, to dawn patrols with aircraft, to Lawrence of Arabia guerilla games, to massed armies of division or corps level, to perhaps LTL scenarios involving spies and sabotage. The war in East Africa was fascinating, and again provides scope from patrol to brigade level actions. I can't be the only one interested., even if I am too busy/lazy to work out a decent conversion of something on my own.

Fred
sposobi
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Haven't heard a peep.
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby sposobi » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Nothing? Hmmm... a little surprising. Maybe I am the only one interested.

Wellll, I like the period. I guess I need to get busy and see if I can put something worthwhile together before the Armistice. ;-)
sposobi
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby DanniLee » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:01 pm

My only concern with Warrior Heroes - Legends is that Mordheim and to a lesser extent , Necromunda, have really filled in the available niche market for fantasy warbands type-RPG, unless theres a lot of follow-on material. But even then, with so much Mordheim books and rules on the 'Net for free, it might be rough competition. I did look the game over, and it seemed interesting but Warhammer already fills the need.
DanniLee
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby THW » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:16 pm

DanniLee wrote:My only concern with Warrior Heroes - Legends is that Mordheim and to a lesser extent , Necromunda, have really filled in the available niche market for fantasy warbands type-RPG, unless theres a lot of follow-on material. But even then, with so much Mordheim books and rules on the 'Net for free, it might be rough competition. I did look the game over, and it seemed interesting but Warhammer already fills the need.

Wait until Legends of Araby, the 2d6 Sword & Sorcery rules, and the followup stuff. :)
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Is Legends of Araby the next one up (and includes 2d6 Sword and Sorcery)? Then a stand alone version of 2d6 sword and sorcery? Not sure if I read that correctly on the blog or not?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby THW » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:25 pm

2d6SS is a freebie, out in a bit. It's included in LOA and all other supplements to make them stand alone supplements - works with bother rules but playable by itself..
THW
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed
Rep 8 - *THE* Ed

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Okay, I think I got it! Thanks, look forward to it!

Brian
Brian
Rep 4
Rep 4

Previous

Return to Works in Progress