Any interest in an ongoing multiplayer ATZ game?

A place to run games online

Any interest in an ongoing multiplayer ATZ game?

Postby Spendlove » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

I'm wondering how much interest there would be in an ongoing ATZ campaign. No pressure to play every turn, characters able to dip in and out as the game continues.

For ease of play I will buy a set of Eds city decks so that there is no map or board to keep track of with the game bumbling along as we go, making extra rules on the fly as needed.

The game would be set in the fictional American region called Corn Cob Creek with starting characters being students in CCC university. Freshers with player controlled backgrounds. Starting equipment being what a typical student would have in his dorm and no weapons except for sports goods and improvised items.

Major problem would be how to display the world to everyone so people know where there characters are at any one time so if anyone has any answers to that I would appreciate it.

Open to everyone - even Ed. :D
Spendlove
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: Any interest in an ongoing multiplayer ATZ game?

Postby WargamingR » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:52 pm

Yup, definitely interested! :D

If you created the world in advance, then you could publish the map once and have a list of characters with a grid reference. Or create & publish a map of the playing area and when players reach an edge, generate the next map over.

Or.... http://goo.gl/maps/9JIcq for a map, which just so happens to have a university on it... I think it should be possible to give a URL that specifies the centre and size of the map so we all see the same thing...
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby RedShirtRob » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:44 pm

Definitely Interested!!

I am not sure how often I can play, as I have shift work. But I would play when I could.

Would everyone be a student at the university? All from the same town? region?
RedShirtRob
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby TXWargamer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:27 am

I'd be in.
TXWargamer
Rep 6 - Trusted Member
Rep 6 - Trusted Member

Postby josta59 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:35 am

Aw yeah, the gang's back again. Been waitin' fer this. *cracks neck* Count me IN. And let me know if I can be of any help.

I wouldn't need a copy of the rules to play, right? As long as I understand the reaction system?
Missiles in Managua: Sandies and Spetsnaz assault a Contra hideout!
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby Spendlove » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 am

A grid of areas looks like a good plan. Filling in the areas as we go.

I picked fresher university students as everyone can have their own background and not know anyone else in the game. Miles from home, first day at uni. You don't know the area so that allows random use of Eds city deck. Lots of other students there so players can dip in and out as you have a "safe zone" which is the campus - once the campus is cleared/order restored ;)

Combat will be less tactical as we are using the city deck and more survival/role play/decision making orientated.

Everyone starts as a rep 3 civilian star. The plan is to use a day zero type scenario (the day before all hell breaks loose) and work from there.

No time frame. No end.

Does anyone know of a top down grid map designer with buildings and roads? So we can build the map as we go and keep a copy here. Nothing too difficult or detailed. Just a basic top down map we can use to keep orientation of where everyone is at any one time and keep notes of what a building is/contains/controlled by ;)

You won't need your own rules if you already have cr3 as combat is the same. But zombies react so much differently than humans so beware!

The more of us that have rules will mean we can spot the mistakes any of us make easier.
Spendlove
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby josta59 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Spendlove wrote:Does anyone know of a top down grid map designer with buildings and roads? So we can build the map as we go and keep a copy here. Nothing too difficult or detailed. Just a basic top down map we can use to keep orientation of where everyone is at any one time and keep notes of what a building is/contains/controlled by ;)

RPTools has a free MapTool at http://www.rptools.net/?page=maptool. I haven't used it, but I use their DiceTool all the time. Of course, I would just use PowerPoint, but that's me.
Missiles in Managua: Sandies and Spetsnaz assault a Contra hideout!
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby ZombieChow » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 am

I'm fairly interested as well, though I'll have to get some help with the map. ;)

Would this be based here, at a forum, or some such?

ZC
ZombieChow
Rep 3
Rep 3

Postby Spendlove » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:47 pm

It would be here.

I started to put together a basic terrain generator at the weekend. This won't go much further really folks until I get a city deck which I will be getting as part of the 911 Kickstarter.

My skills at putting a map together are terrible as I have no ability unless it is a simple cartography designer for a mac. Any suggestions?
Spendlove
Rep 4
Rep 4

Return to Play by Post