CR3 play-by-post

A place to run games online

Re: CR3 play-by-post

Postby josta59 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Not waiting for you, Charlie leader. The marines and maroons are so close to each other now that any group movement triggers huge in-sight tests. So I decided to move one maroon group at a time so I don't go completely crazy, and so you guys don't have to read a novel (a very data-heavy one) to figure out what's going on. So I'm going left to right for maroon movements, and I'm afraid it will take some time before I get to your playmates on the east side.

The good news is that you guys have done such a good job taking down the bad guys that there won't be as many shooting at you in the next turn.

So enjoy your holiday, and hopefully when you get back we'll get to your side of the map! Bon voyage.

Scott
Missiles in Managua: Sandies and Spetsnaz assault a Contra hideout!
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby josta59 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:14 am

Bravo leader and the maroons' temporary leader fire assault rifles at each other simultaneously. Bravo leader rolls 3d6=3, 2, 1, and all shots miss since the maroons are concealed. The maroon G5 rolls 3d6=3, 3, 2, and Bravo leader is hit twice.

Roll for damage: 2d6=5, 3, and Bravo leader receives an OOF status. He rolls his 3 remaining Star Dice and gets 5, 3, 4, which brings him to stunned.

Alpha's SAW reacts next and rolls a 2. In the interest of time, I'm pretty sure Calebhero wants to fire at the G5 first. He rolls 4d6=5, 5, 2, 1. The maroon G5 and an R3 are hit.

The G5 rolls for damage. 1d6=3, and he's out of the fight.

The R3 rolls for damage. 1d6=1, and he's dead.

The last maroon standing, an R3, takes the Received Fire and Man Down tests. 2d6=5, 1, and he ducks back. Alpha got through that in-sight completely unscathed.

Summary of in-sight results
  • A maroon grenade launcher wounds Bravo's SAW, stuns a rifleman, and kills another rifleman. Then he stuns Bravo's leader.
  • Alpha leader stuns a maroon SAW.
  • A Bravo rifleman wounds the maroons' leader and a grenade launcher.
  • Alpha's SAW wounds a maroon grenade launcher and kills a rifleman.

The next maroon group consists of just an R3 on the center hill. Since the maroons rolled a 4 for activation, he's frozen in place and remains ducked back.

I forgot that there are no maroons left standing in the trench on the east side. The only maroons left to move are the two in the northeast corner. 3d6=2, 6, 2, and they pass 2 dice and enter the trench, moving 4 hexes toward team Charlie.

And that ends the turn.

Let's do a quick tally. Team Alpha has 4 healthy men. Team Bravo has no one standing, with 2 of them just now stunned. Team Charlie has 3 healthy and 2 stunned.

The maroons have 1 healthy and 3 stunned in sector 4, 1 healthy and 1 stunned in sector 5, 2 healthy and 2 stunned in sector 6, and 1 stunned in sector 3.

The full count of troops who could do battle in Turn 6 is 7 marines and 5 maroons (one will finally recover from stun). You guys really handed it to them. Let's keep going.

Turn 6
Roll for activation: marines 5, maroons 4. Now the marines can move, but the only maroons who can move are the ones in sector 6 that just entered the trench. All other healthy maroons are Rep-3 and have no one to rally them.

The first maroon to be stunned, in sector 3, has finally sat through a full maroon activation and finally recovers from his stun. He is prone and out of sight of any marines.

Alpha leader, your team won't be able to get in range of any maroons that aren't ducked back. So you'll only be moving and reacting in this turn. Do you want to make any movements?

Charlie leader, here's your chance to finish off the last Rep-4s still standing. What are your orders?

VISUP: http://s672.photobucket.com/user/scottsalsman/media/Forumgame_11_Turn6start_zps895ce789.png.html

Forum game_11_Turn 6 start.jpg
Turn 6 start
Forum game_11_Turn 6 start.jpg (179.19 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby Calebhero » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:45 am

"Alright Alpha split up. Alex and Allen provide cover for us. Let's go Albert that hill won't come to us!

Pvt Albert (R4) J3 moves to K3 to L2 to M2 dropping prone when he arrives.

Sgt Aaron (SM5) J4 moves to J3 to K3 to L2 dropping prone when he arrives.

Pvt Alex (with SAW) I4 moves to J3 dropping prone when he arrives.

Pvt Allen (R4) I5 moves to J5 dropping prone when he arrives.
Calebhero
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby Calebhero » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 pm

josta59 wrote: In the interest of time, I'm pretty sure Calebhero wants to fire at the G5 first.

Exactly!
Calebhero
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby josta59 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:25 pm

I forgot to revive all the stunned people in the trench from two turns ago. All stunned marines and maroons in the trench in sector 6 are now conscious, and Charlie's marines are now activated. They're prone and can only move 2 hexes after standing.
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby Calebhero » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Hey josta59, I wanted to check my thinking. A marine has movement of 8". So it is 2" to stand from prone then 2" per hex. Is that correct. That is what I based my last turn on.

Please let me know if I am wrong. Here is my turn instead

Pvt Albert (R4) J3 does not move

Sgt Aaron (SM5) J4 moves to K5 dropping prone when he arrives.

Pvt Alex (with SAW) I4 moves to J4 dropping prone when he arrives.

Pvt Allen (R4) I5 moves to J5 dropping prone when he arrives
Calebhero
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby WargamingR » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Calebhero wrote:Hey josta59, I wanted to check my thinking. A marine has movement of 8". So it is 2" to stand from prone then 2" per hex. Is that correct. That is what I based my last turn on.

Page 10 Going Prone - 4" to stand so only 4" (2 hexes) of movement. Can Fast Move but only 1d6 instead of 2d6.
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby Calebhero » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks WargamingR.

Here is my official turn.

Pvt Albert (R4) J3 does not move

Sgt Aaron (SM5) J4 moves to K5 dropping prone when he arrives.

Pvt Alex (with SAW) I4 moves to J4 dropping prone when he arrives.

Pvt Allen (R4) I5 moves to J5 dropping prone when he arrives

The Rocket Launcher will always my first choice followed by the SAW carrier.
Calebhero
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby josta59 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks, guys. And I was wrong again. Team Charlie's stunned guys have not yet been through a whole turn of activation, since the marines weren't activated in the last turn. But the maroons have. So only the maroons in the trench are revived now. So much to remember!
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby WargamingR » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:56 pm

"Pikey with me, let's clear this trench out!"

Sgt Davidson (SMG) in K5 moves L5 M5 N4; kick's Jonesy's butt (Activates him); then moves to O4 and shoots the new maroons G4 x1 and P4 x2
Pikey (R4) in L6 moves L5 M5 N4 O4 shoots the maroon P3 x3
Jonesy (SAW) in N4 stands up and shoots maroon P5 x4

Mills & Smith in O5 groan a little and shake their heads...
Cheers, Iain

Sometimes I write interesting things at http://www.wargamingresources.info
WargamingR
Rep 5
Rep 5

PreviousNext

Return to Play by Post