MirabelleBenou vs jost59 - Space boarding action !

A place to run games online

MirabelleBenou vs jost59 - Space boarding action !

Postby MirabelleBenou » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello everyone,

Following my actuel FC game (Check this thread), we will have a little boarding fight with jost59 :)

I'll play some Star Navy Infantery who are boarding an heavily dommaged Marauder class Pirate Frigate and jost59 will defend.

Here the background :

The first FC mission was a simple patrol in a sector with a moon. The sector was occupied by a group of Pirates who where building an outpost for futur raids on merchant fleets. Hopefully, the patrol found them and decision was made to invade the pirate outpost as soon as possible before they flee away.

The 2nd mission, the attack is currently underway and the situation is as follow :

- SN BlackSun Squadron clear the space from Pirate Fighters with their Heavy Fighters.

- The Pirate Frigate, the "Jewel of Fora", which was call for help by the Pirate from the outpost come by to try to evacuate them but got heavy dommage and is now trying to flee away. Engines were damaged when a Pirate figher collide with it, AA turret is destroyed and the bridge got a direct hit from a torpedo.

- SN come with 2 Assault Shuttles (a full Platoon of SN Infantry) in order to attack the ground base. QG asked that one shuttle (2 squads) board the Frigate in order to (try) to capture the Captain and at least, find clue about the home system of the Frigate. The 2nd shuttle (with 1 Squad and Platoon Commander team) will disembark near the Pirate outpost. If/When the Frigate is captured, the remaining SN Soldiers will come as reinforcement for the ground attack.

- 1 SN Heavy Fighter will cover the Frigate (in case of space Pirate reinforcement) and the 2nd Fighter will provide ground cover for the main assault.

Initial thread about this game can be found here, with the initial orders of the Platoon.

This thread will concern the boarding of the Frigate (will see how it plays before doing or not the main ground attack, as it will my first game of this kind).

SN Soldiers will be equiped mainly with Laser Rifles & Frag Grenades. The goal is to capture the Frigate & gather some intel, so no need to explode everything :)

Orders, coming during the fight between Heavy Fighters and the Pirate Frigate :

Commander, your orders are changed. Follow the orders for your troops aboard Medusa-01. Their priority will be to neutralize the com center of the outpost.

The troops from Medusa-02 will board the Pirate Marauder class Frigate. Our intel team found that it's the "Jewel of Fora". This CapShip is known to be a member of a bigger Pirate fleet which cause us lot of troubles. The frigate is heavily damaged and ready for a boarding action.

Engine room damaged, defensive AA turret destroyed, the command bridge was heavily damaged after a successful torpedo hit.

The frigate is now trying to escape the sector but we'll not let them flee away.

Your orders are to board the frigate and capture it. You have to capture their Captain, if not dead yet, and gather maximum intell data about its missions. One of your priority objective is to hack their nav computers. We want to know where is the main fleet or their main base.

If the assault is successfull, let minimal troops onboard to conduct the frigate out of the sector to our main base, the other troops will embark onboard the Assault Shuttle and reinforce the main ground attack on the moon.

If the assault is unsucessfull, the BlackSun Squadron will be ordered to destroy the frigate.

Good luck Commander.

Names of the squaddies (may not be consistent with 5150 Universe lore & names, but I used a random name generator)

Squad 1 : Tiger Squad
Tiger Leader : Cpt Iwori
Tiger-1 : Asdar
Tiger-2 : Seeldmos
Tiger-3 : Orayo
Tiger-4 : Darend
Tiger-5 : Polas
Tiger-6 : Drack
Tiger-7 - Rapid-Fire laser rifle : Tod

Squad 2 : Angel Squad
Angel Leader : Cpt Ackray
Angel-1 : Rakend
Angel-2 : Orili
Angel-3 : Atum
Angel-4 : Qual
Angel-5 : Rison
Angel-6 : Artai
Angel-7 - Rapid-Fire laser rifle : Odrai
MirabelleBenou
Rep 4
Rep 4

Re: MirabelleBenou vs jost59 - Space boarding action !

Postby josta59 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm traveling all day, so please hold. :)

But the longer it takes me, the more ideas I have. It's gonna be good. 8-)
Missiles in Managua: Sandies and Spetsnaz assault a Contra hideout!
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby MirabelleBenou » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:47 pm

No prob, take your time :mrgreen:

Lot of work and busy week for me too.
MirabelleBenou
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby josta59 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:06 pm

I just rolled up Rep for your squads, separately for each squad. Everyone got Rep4 except Cpt. Iwori, who is Rep5.

You also get assistant squad leaders, which got their own rolls. These could be Tiger-1 and Angel-1. This is important if you split your squads into smaller groups and want to maintain leadership in the groups. They'll still provide leadership qualities despite having equal Rep as the others.

The pirate Rep roll went strangely. I used the Rebels table, as we discussed, but the captain and first mate both got Rep3 while the rest of the crew got Rep5! You mentioned earlier that you were thinking Rep4 for the captain and Rep3 for the crew. Would you like me to use the Reps I rolled, or would you like me to reroll? Or we could just set them at Rep4 for the captain and Rep3 for the crew.

Here's my roster (all have assault rifles unless otherwise specified):

Pirates

Captain Dogan (submachine gun)
1st Mate Krayal (submachine gun)
Solub
Zavra Nurmeen
Nutzub
Nuexo Grun
Cogadiss
Proolran
Doltock
Slol’H (SAW)
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby MirabelleBenou » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Tiger-1 and Angel-1 as assistant will be geeat !

For the Pirates, you may reroll ? If another "strange" roll, we might just have the Captain to Rep 5 and the others to Rep 4.

I do not know if you can simulate it, but remember that the Captain was wounded after the torpedo smashed the bridge :)

If it's complicated, just keep it simple :)
MirabelleBenou
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby josta59 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Yes, for that I think they have to pass 2d6 to recover from stun, starting in Turn 2. It's like a stricter version of the Challenge Test, with no second chance if they don't pass 2 dice in a turn. That will give you time to get at least some of your guys to the 3rd level.

The reroll gives us a Rep4 crew with a Rep3 captain and a Rep4 first mate. That's better. Maybe the captain's injuries are more serious.

Since they're injured, it makes sense for them all to have lower Rep. We could just make them all Rep3 if you like. Your call, of course.
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby MirabelleBenou » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Ok to put all of them to rep 3, but so, as not all the crew is stunned (in my game they recover before the boarding but I like the idea), what you can do is roll a dice and use the result for having the number of Pirates who are ready. Make sense ?

Also, in my space game, in order to explain why there is only fighters onboard and not regular crew, I've launched some escape pods.
MirabelleBenou
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby josta59 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 pm

I see, sorry for the confusion. So only the captain is stunned, or everyone on the bridge? I know you said a fighter crashed into the ship further aft.

So some pirates will be ready in Turn 1, then. I'll roll to see who is ready in Turn 1, and then again each subsequent turn. Or would you rather they all be ready in Turn 2?

I've already rolled to see where the 5 non-bridge crew members are in the ship. They won't be much trouble to you one at a time.
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Postby MirabelleBenou » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Let's get it simple and do as you think previously (all on bridge stunned, have to pass 2d6 to recover) and anyone not in bridgeready to fight.

Is that good for you ?
MirabelleBenou
Rep 4
Rep 4

Postby josta59 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Absolutely. One more little question and then I think we can start.

Level 2 seems to actually be above the hangar. You can see fighters docked in the bay, and it looks like you have to climb up to level 2 from the hangar. Do you want your squads to start in level 1 and climb up to level 2, and then eventually to level 3? Or do you want to start the game with them on level 2, above the hangar?

Frigate table.jpg
(229.37 KiB) Downloaded 1103 times
josta59
Rep 5
Rep 5

Next

Return to Play by Post