Warrior Heroes New Dawn QRS v3

Authors and Playtesters, this is hidden from regular users, so you can discuss rulesets here.

Re: Warrior Heroes New Dawn QRS v3

Postby BOB » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Me too!

It might be nice to cut down on dice rolling by making it an auto pass 1 on a Fast Move...

But...the notion that a mounted group can get split up by rolling to Fast Move when retiring also has merit.
BOB
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby BOB » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Oh one more thing.

The game is deliberately weighted towards melee over missile combat. That is why target Rep is the basis of missile damage.

You could easily use the missile damage table from Swordplay to give missiles more punch.

Alternately once could use both systems. Rep based when firing at Stars and Big Bads and missile weapon based when firing at grunts.
BOB
Rep 7 - THW Author
Rep 7 - THW Author

Postby demether » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Really cool and fun batreps (I really like these comics strips style batreps : it really gives a good idea of the action). I can't wait to see the release of the game, WHAA is one of my favorite thw titles.

I hope they will keep the old school fantasy page layout, I also always prefered it to the pure black and white tables style common to "modern" thw games. i even believe that I complained on the forum about ink consumption when printing the book :lol: )
Owner of : Warrior Heroes : Legends - Larger than life - 5150 NewBeginings - Rally Round the King - All thing Zombie + Risks deck - 5150 Star Navy - NUTS! + Clash Of Titans + Stalingrad : Heroes All - NUTS Big Battles
demether
Rep 5
Rep 5

Previous

Return to Author / Playtester lounge